Dedicated Boat For Lure Fishing

Breambucket

Hey guys!

Now i know there is a boating section but thought its sole purpose of lure fishing that i might get a better response in this section :)

First off i would like the boat in the 4.5-5m range (give or take) prefer ally and is ok in some decent chop (Botany bay) but still stable when still and walking around.

Im a metal fabricator and im pretty handy with the ally tig so i was after just a hull and i would build casting decks, console, storage, live well, electric mount bracket ect ect myself

I have been looking into the stacer pro range, anglapro outlaw and know about ones like hornets but i was just after feed back from possible owners or people who have had a little experiance with these vessels

I was also looking into using around a 40-50hp Yamaha motor as im keen to have a go at comps in the future and maybe go out side chasing reds when the sea's are nice :biggrin2:

Any help would be great guys

Pete

Hey guys!

Now i know there is a boating section but thought its sole purpose of lure fishing that i might get a better response in this section :)

First off i would like the boat in the 4.5-5m range (give or take) prefer ally and is ok in some decent chop (Botany bay) but still stable when still and walking around.

Im a metal fabricator and im pretty handy with the ally tig so i was after just a hull and i would build casting decks, console, storage, live well, electric mount bracket ect ect myself

I have been looking into the stacer pro range, anglapro outlaw and know about ones like hornets but i was just after feed back from possible owners or people who have had a little experiance with these vessels

I was also looking into using around a 40-50hp Yamaha motor as im keen to have a go at comps in the future and maybe go out side chasing reds when the sea's are nice :biggrin2:

Any help would be great guys

Pete

check out the ally craft- kakadu karriers and trail crafts boats...

Have a look at the stacer 449 northern fisher

I( wouldnt look at hornets or similar if you want to chase reddies as well as bream

Pete - I would tend to agree with the Iceman. I love my Stessco TSF420 Basstracker for impoundment and estuary work. It is very stable under the electric in chop and a great stable casting platform with two lure anglers in the same conditions, but these features make it hard work and uncomfortable when travelling at speed in 'decent chop' on Botany Bay. I have also been impressed with the stacer pro-range, but have not been in one in decent chop (only been in one fishing barra impoundments). My next boat will probably be a trailcraft profish 485 or the like due to it's versatility, but that versatility comes at some expense (my stessco cost $20k fitted versus $35k for the trailcraft).

Hi Pete,

Have you thought about a small multi hull like a webster I have had a hydofield tri hull and great in the rough and very stable. If I had the money my next and last boat would be a webster but that suits my style of fishing but may not suit you. good luck with the choice Pete.

Have a look at a STABICRAFT open boat from New Zealand. As tough as they come,flat floor and

plenty of metal to customise your boat and wide gunnells.

Not sure if you can get them in Aust The ones I saw were from a friend who fished out of them

over in New Zealand in photos.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a stacer Nomad 469, but if i had my time again i'd go with centre console... when you go fishing by yourself, the list is annoying and just down right uncomfortable when it gets a bit choppy... Check out the Anglapro Bandit 444 or the Stacer Northern Fisher 449. Even the quinny legend if you wanna go that big or can find and older shorter one second hand.

Breambucket,

Keep us posted on your thoughts on this subject. Am in a similar position, looking to upgrade my boat as well. Have looked at the Anglapro Outlaw as a good value boat but I don't know how it handles Botany Bay chop. The Anglapro Bandit may be more flexible being a different hull design with higher sides and centre console but I don't know how it will perform as a bream/bass boat. Have you given thought to the electronics and electric motor for your boat?

pmak