Big Sharks

reelmagic

Hi Guys,

It's been quite a while, but that thing called work does interfere somewhat in what we love to do. Manage a shark fish out of Yowie on Sunday.

Nice current, mako temp water at 17-18 degrees. Plenty of patches of cowan young around and what a surprise........... many good sharks close

behind. We got five bites and who knows how many others fish we didn't see. Two bites were no more than 30 feet from the boat. The water was

not clear, which was interesting!!!!!! A good tiger was up in the trail and ate one bait then some burley sitting on the other line. Goodbye!

A good blue shark of about 120kgs was tagged, released, then ate one of our bags and stayed with us for 1 1/2 hours whilst fighting a big whaler. Very long and

heathy this blue was! The whaler presented considerable dramas, as we were a deckie down, but 'laurel and hardy' had him under control after many mins.

Out of practice I think!

A male, very solid and toey!

A good shark day in all!

See ya out there! ................... things are looking good for the comp.

Regards,

dale

post-7690-076860400 1284550498_thumb.jpg

post-7690-007605400 1284550518_thumb.jpg

post-7690-069314400 1284550550_thumb.jpg

Yeah, Very good point and one in which all my crew agree with you totally. We have probably caught over 80 sharks on Reelmagic so far, of which only about 15 have been killed, usually small makos.

We have tagged and released the rest. Some come up dead or worse for wear! In addition, we tag and release just about every Marlin, except those that come up dead as well. We have also tagged bluefin tuna, yellowfin and dolphin fish. So, I'm feel'in that the odd fish for the boys to take a picture with after spending many thousands of dollars in pursuit of these fine fish is acceptable.

I'm very sure that if you were involved in a fight with a big 200+ Mako for two hours or a big blue marlin tearing up the ocean, then later watching them swim away all angry, you would also see why we shark, marlin and game fish.

I could also ask, how many flathead do you kill, or have killed in your fishing adventures. They are surely beautiful fish as well!

Horses for courses, me thinks! Some people like the feel of a Barra, we like the feel of gamefish!

Regards,

Dale

ps just had to express what game fisherman do and love!

Edited by reelmagic

nice work dale on your fish, just curious was it a definate sighting of a tiger, any size??? i cant work out why all these whingers get on these sites and complain of some one like yourself posting up information that is helping out others, if only he knew what we have killed this winter season. tagging isnt bragging!!

Mate....... can't mistake that head let alone the way he / she behaved .................. I don't cite sizes anymore (if I can avoid it), as this seems to upset many

more people. But, it seemed to the crew and I, only to be around 170 ish ............. maybe more. We burlied heavily for several hours and it took the deep bait first!

So I'm betting on a tiger ........ mmmmmmmmmm

Regards,

dale

Edited by reelmagic

Woohoo dale, way to stand up for yourself. And here I am thinking your a softy for putting me on the rod.

The way you made your point in that second post shows that there is a life of politics ahead for you old chap.

One thing would be certain with DALE as our MP.... NO MARINE PARKS...