Trout Tsunami

taloyoak

OH WOW!

How lucky are you fella's. I would love to do that, but three kids, one due any day, self employed, and like other chronilogically enhanced members "those bloody knees". I can still get in and out of Marley beach and do a lap of TCD in waders without much grief, but like all of us "i wish readers" feel like a liability. Shame that.

Thanks for the report hey?

Lata Raidaz

Waynie

Hey Nanook, great report and images as usual, just wondering if you or any one else for that matter has seen or heard any evidence of those Panthers people keep reporting up in those hills.

Would be a nasty shock meeting a big black pussy cat while quietly stalking fish!

Cheers, Langa

Woooow!! Beautiful photo's and fish, looks like an amazing experience! I'm heading up to Oberon soon to try my hand at trout fishing, i have no idea what lures to purchase, could you enlighten me with the name of your go-to trout lure that would be fantastic :D

Cheers

Victor!

Greg- I'd be happy to be taken in by Bell Jet Ranger....LOL!

I'd be keen for 2011 I've fish'd this area in the past including the Kowmung gorge I was in 1/2 a mind for a trip this year these trout are decended from original stocks from prospect 1 of the first hatcheries(the first Ithink) in Australia the nepean once had a healthy trout population and infact even had a population of trout that ran to the sea these fish are a very pure strain aneven pure strain from thier origin due to the isolation and lack of interfearance from stocking if we start organizing now I'll be as fit as a mallee bull come Autum/Winter let me know what you think??

Absolutely awesome report, Nanook. Sounds like you and Willy Wonka had a great trip... apart from the pain bit... walking those hills doesn't sound like fun. The fish look like they're in spectacular condition. Remind me never to get dessert from you though if you open a restaurant. :biggrin2:

Cheers, Slinky

• 3 months later...

That's a top report mate, the place looks beautiful and i love nothing more then spinning for trout, even though i rarely get the chance, i hit up Tumut a few times a year, and Lake Lyell, which, have nothing on how good that place looks.

I'd absolutey love to do that trip, i would love the fact being away from everything, and having no contact, it sure would make an awesome few days.

I might be interested, but i'm only 15/16, so if your up for it next year, i'll start getting abit more fit :)

Thanks for sharing the trip with us

Cheers