Stonker Squid (Southern Calamari)

Captin

Wife and I decided to start going squidding again tonight, with a new spot in mind we made our way. Not long after we got there my wife starts the ball rolling with a perfect bait size squid (can't wait for Friday nights Jewy session). We were there for about an hour with not much happening and my wife decides to move, so i followed, what a great decision! About the third cast out something latches on and it was fighting, my Light T-Curve/Stella Combo was getting excited. I thought naaaahhhh it cant be weed its fighting back, and if it ain't weed whatever it is it's a stonker. After a short but exciting fight and with my wife with net in hand next to me I pulled it up.

post-11185-032090200 1285155755_thumb.jpg

Measured 40cm to the mantle, and a great way to end the night.

Fresh Salt and Pepper Squid for dinner tomorrow night!

Wife and I decided to start going squidding again tonight, with a new spot in mind we made our way. Not long after we got there my wife starts the ball rolling with a perfect bait size squid (can't wait for Friday nights Jewy session). We were there for about an hour with not much happening and my wife decides to move, so i followed, what a great decision! About the third cast out something latches on and it was fighting, my Light T-Curve/Stella Combo was getting excited. I thought naaaahhhh it cant be weed its fighting back, and if it ain't weed whatever it is it's a stonker. After a short but exciting fight and with my wife with net in hand next to me I pulled it up.

post-11185-032090200 1285155755_thumb.jpg

Measured 40cm to the mantle, and a great way to end the night.

Fresh Salt and Pepper Squid for dinner tomorrow night!

lovely squid there guys.salt and pepper squid yumm :1gathering: better than the arrows for eating.

pongrass18ft.

That is a very nice green eye squid, great feeling when those large squid pump those light rods, well done to both of you. Just curious what size squid jig was that one caught on.

Cheers,

George.

George, it was caught on a 3.0.

Did you sat Jewy Session Friday Night???? :thumbup:

Packed and ready to go Nippy!!