My First Salmon

dmad_dood

It was going nuts in the water, jumping everywhere trying to spit the hook. As soon as it saw the boat the just ran.

How awesome is it when they do the big leaps and try to throw the hooks, a few of mine have done aerials then gone down, down to the bottom and tried to dislodge hooks on the sand... One came up with almost a kilo of sand in its gills/gut cavity then ran round my mates boat 2 times before I got him finally in the net- a PB of 73cm and gee what a tussle on 10lb... lotsa fun I cannot wait for them to start schooling up real thick again... so much fun...

If you get oen on a metal lure then its complete mayhem in the boat, you gotta try it... I reckon they go harder then striped tuna of equivalent size, and they'll use ANY method to ping you on anything thats availabler to them, real dirty fighters they are :1fishing1:

Hahah sounds awesome. I tried with just a metal slug the other day and couldn't get anything, i was the only one out there and there were crazy amounts of salmon but nothing wanted to take my slug. Today i was on 10lbs braid, and 12lbs leader and drag was pretty much full and the salmon was still taking line, 73cm would of been unstoppable thumbup.gif

I was so so scared of them jumping and trying to spit the hook, i just wanted to land it. I had already been wrapped around the anchor by a nice tailor ranting2.gif