Sydney Newbie

Maiders

G'day all...

Recently been relocated over to Sydney from the UK with the wife's company. Here for 4 years so had to sell my boat back home before the move and missing the water really badly! Don't know if its bad that I miss my boat more than friends and family?! :) What makes it worse is that all my fishing tackle, rods etc is still in a sea shipment for another couple of weeks and now (only a week in) i'm having major withdrawal symptoms. I have been fishing since I was old enough to stand so confident with all the basics just lacking local knowledge which is always a major problem.

I'm lucky enough to have been given a few months by the wifey to 'settle in' - i.e. do my NSW boating license, find a boat and start working on building my knowledge up!

Seems like a great bunch on this forum so just wanted to see if anyone fancied taking a Pom on board? Will have to borrow a rod and reel until mine arrives (around 2 weeks time).

Any day, any time, any amount of notice, any banter welcome... ;) Based in Rose Bay with friends at present but have transport so can travel to fish. Would like to learn a little about some local bait spots, maybe hunt out some of the early Kings? More than happy to split costs of fuel, tackle, bait, parking etc and bring the beers.

Let me know!

Cheers all

James

Edited by Maiders

G'day all...

Recently been relocated over to Sydney from the UK with the wife's company. Here for 4 years so had to sell my boat back home before the move and missing the water really badly! Don't know if its bad that I miss my boat more than friends and family?! :) What makes it worse is that all my fishing tackle, rods etc is still in a sea shipment for another couple of weeks and now (only a week in) i'm having major withdrawal symptoms. I have been fishing since I was old enough to stand so confident with all the basics just lacking local knowledge which is always a major problem.

I'm lucky enough to have been given a few months by the wifey to 'settle in' - i.e. do my NSW boating license, find a boat and start working on building my knowledge up!

Seems like a great bunch on this forum so just wanted to see if anyone fancied taking a Pom on board? Will have to borrow a rod and reel until mine arrives (around 2 weeks time).

Any day, any time, any amount of notice, any banter welcome... ;) Based in Rose Bay with friends at present but have transport so can travel to fish. Would like to learn a little about some local bait spots, maybe hunt out some of the early Kings? More than happy to split costs of fuel, tackle, bait, parking etc and bring the beers.

Let me know!

Cheers all

James

Welcome to fishraider James :thumbup:

I am sure someone will orientate you to this wonderful place we call home. We have a social on in a couple of weeks and it would be a great idea if you could join and and meet some raiders in person.

Here is a link to the details for the SOCIAL

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

Thanks - might have to check out the social then!

If everyone wants to help out and get out on the water then let me know. Either that or I will have to look up a guide and do a couple of trips out with them to get the ball rolling...

Thanks - might have to check out the social then!

If everyone wants to help out and get out on the water then let me know. Either that or I will have to look up a guide and do a couple of trips out with them to get the ball rolling...

Yes we have that covered too - these links below are sponsors of fishraider :thumbup:

Scotty Lyons

OR

REEF MAGIC CHARTERS

OR

2 SEATS LEFT ON THIS ONE

Welcome James, thats one big "pike" (if thats what its called) in your profile picture.....

Im from eastern europe, and too i used to catch them with my father and brother, as a kid...

Wish they had then here in OZ, but i replaced it by targeting Jewfish :)

There are plenty of great individuals on the forum, and im sure someone will snap you up for a fish....

Attend the socail this Sunday....

Welcome James, thats one big "pike" (if thats what its called) in your profile picture.....

Im from eastern europe, and too i used to catch them with my father and brother, as a kid...

Wish they had then here in OZ, but i replaced it by targeting Jewfish :)

There are plenty of great individuals on the forum, and im sure someone will snap you up for a fish....

Attend the socail this Sunday....

It is indeed a pike. Loved pike fishing in Winter with the mist coming up off the river... BUT I reckon dropping down live squid for Kingies as the sun comes up on Sydney Harbour to be much more exciting! All my tackle arrives in two weeks time so I will need to book on my license course and grab myself a tinny! Will also be targetting some Jews (all advice welcome!)

I just can't wait though - I am so impatient until I get out on the water! Looking at booking a day out with a guide. I' sure it will be well worth the $$$ just for the info.