Paddys Channel - Dad & Daughter

andyh2oman

This is my first fishing report but had to write about a great day fishing with my daughter, Bekki, today (04/10/2010). Went out about 10.30am for a few hours boating with a bit of fishing. Overcast with an occasional shower. Put in at the boat ramp at Gosford and headed up to Paddy's Channel to fish the last couple of hours of the run out. Anchored up near the oyster leases. A few small bream (caught by Bekki) on prawns followed up by two 58cm lizards. My daughter's first real fish and she was excited (almost as much as me). Highlight of the day, though was the one that got away. It went downstream, then went upstream, couldn't stop it no matter how much drag we put on, before it went around an oyster post and busted Bekki's line. I think a bream, a big bream. Great Day !

post-9107-018827500 1286188439_thumb.jpg

post-9107-060674800 1286188448_thumb.jpg

post-9107-017317800 1286188540_thumb.jpg

Edited by mongo

This is my first fishing report but had to write about a great day fishing with my daughter, Bekki, today (04/10/2010). Went out about 10.30am for a few hours boating with a bit of fishing. Overcast with an occasional shower. Put in at the boat ramp at Gosford and headed up to Paddy's Channel to fish the last couple of hours of the run out. Anchored up near the oyster leases. A few small bream (caught by Bekki) on prawns followed up by two 58cm lizards. My daughter's first real fish and she was excited (almost as much as me). Highlight of the day, though was the one that got away. It went downstream, then went upstream, couldn't stop it no matter how much drag we put on, before it went around an oyster post and busted Bekki's line. I think a bream, a big bream. Great Day !

:1welcomeani: Good team work guys,nothing wrong with a good feed of flathead,salad and chips.The smile on bekkies face :biggrin2: i don,t think you,ll be fishing alone much :1fishing1:

Hey Mongo,

Nice to see you got out there and had a crack. I was a tad dusty from the finals (Glad that's all over till next year) or I would have been out in the Brisbane Waters also.

Couple of nice lizard there and a happy little camper with a big grin.

I'll keep an eye out for you and say hi if I see ya on the water. What type of boat you fish from.

Cheers

Peter

Hey Mongo,

Nice to see you got out there and had a crack. I was a tad dusty from the finals (Glad that's all over till next year) or I would have been out in the Brisbane Waters also.

Couple of nice lizard there and a happy little camper with a big grin.

I'll keep an eye out for you and say hi if I see ya on the water. What type of boat you fish from.

Cheers

Peter

I've got a Stacer 4.49 (first boat bought earlier this year) with a red canopy and red & green stripes (Rabbitohs tragic).

G'day buddy, mate congrats to you and you smiley daughter on your flatties. Hope to see you out there one day as I am out there with Hutcho1 every now and then.. :thumbup:

Thanks for that Ray. I have a feeling that I know Hutcho and one of his mates Chappo.

well done, I don't think there is anything to beat the smile of your first fish. My missus reluctantly caught her first earlier this year, a little tommy ruff, I couldn't get the grin of her face with a mallet, pricless. she went on to catch gar, small mullet, trumpet and a small salmon, and can't get enough now. Keep wettin the lines!