Nepean River Carp

sokratis

Hi mate where abouts on the river and what bait/rig?

well i dont like giveing away my spots,but if you go any were at the river and burley up corn about 5 meters from the bank,and cast there you should catch,i use a small soft plastic rod with a 1000 size reel with 4 pound line and 6 pound trace,i use a size 4 hook and a small split shot sinker about 10 cm from the hook

If you want a fun day of catching carp, you can (unless they've stopped doing this) go to the Regatta Centre around the Penrith area on Sundays. It's been 3 or 4 years since I went but they allow you to fish there, and provide the bins for the carp you catch. We used corn as berley, and also as bait with a tiny hook (the entire hook was inside the corn kernel apart from the point). We used to catch loads there, you also get a fair amount of catfish, I got a bass on corn out there too by accident.

They have people selling the $5 fishing licenses set up there as well. Hopefully they are still doing this out there, was good fun.

I have pictures somewhere, I'll dig them up and post them here, we used to get big carp from there.

Edited by craigfoot

Great! i hope you killed the bastards!!! hahhahahahha! theres some real big ones down there, i see them past the weir in my kayak in shallow water (their huge) but ruin our system (dam foriegn fish). been getting some good bass down there at the moment, (all catch and release).......

Hi All ,if you want to catch a few of the lovely things the St Albans Carp Camp Comp is on again on the 20 and 21st of november,ther are quite a lot of cash prizes up for grabs on offer over the weekend up there , all in all it is a very good weekend away . Cheers Laurie