Oysters Vs Hand

wttmrwolf

I can't wait to get out on the water again. Its been a week since I fell on some oysters and cut my hand. Its not the injury that sucks... its the fact I can't wind a reel or launch a boat. You know you have a fishing addition when not being able to hold a rod is more concerning that being able to do you job or help with kids at home.

The craziest part... When I fell, I looked at my hand and saw it ripped to shreds but then I started to worry about my rod being snapped (it survived).

My fishing mate was excellent and drove me up to the hospital. I sat there for 3 hours waiting for a tetanus shot and to have the cut cleaned out.

Because the cut was so deep I got referred to a hand surgeon. Don't do this at home kids. The hand surgery was more painful than the fall when I woke up from the general anesthetic. Had several large oyster shards removed from the hand and then stitched back up. Very luck not to have done tendon or nerve damage.

Walked away from this one. Be careful on those rocks at night (even the rivers need to be shown some respect).

I'll get you next time Jewfish :1fishing1:

***** Do not click these links if you can't handle blood ******

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1196220/oysters1.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1196220/oysters2.jpg

I can't wait to get out on the water again. Its been a week since I fell on some oysters and cut my hand. Its not the injury that sucks... its the fact I can't wind a reel or launch a boat. You know you have a fishing addition when not being able to hold a rod is more concerning that being able to do you job or help with kids at home.

The craziest part... When I fell, I looked at my hand and saw it ripped to shreds but then I started to worry about my rod being snapped (it survived).

My fishing mate was excellent and drove me up to the hospital. I sat there for 3 hours waiting for a tetanus shot and to have the cut cleaned out.

Because the cut was so deep I got referred to a hand surgeon. Don't do this at home kids. The hand surgery was more painful than the fall when I woke up from the general anesthetic. Had several large oyster shards removed from the hand and then stitched back up. Very luck not to have done tendon or nerve damage.

Walked away from this one. Be careful on those rocks at night (even the rivers need to be shown some respect).

I'll get you next time Jewfish :1fishing1:

***** Do not click these links if you can't handle blood ******

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1196220/oysters1.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1196220/oysters2.jpg

Ouch,sent a shiver down my back.Hope you heal quickly and get back into the fishing soon.

Ouch....my dad did a simlar thing last year but on the bend of his big toe which needed 7 stiches...i was spewing cause he just lauched the boat to take me a my mate fishing....hope your back on the water soon...

Edited by Lizard Boy

Hi Wolf - nasty cut - I fell on my local wharf a few months ago - lost consciousness for a couple of minutes - woke up n saw my slippers floating in the bay a couple fo meters away . . . . cut my hand up real bad - took the doctors 1hr to get all the oyster barnacles out and it took a good month to heal!

Fishing . . . . .difficult . . . . . .like my wife!

superfish :wife:

The joys of Oysters... :biggrin2:

One of my best friends parent's ownes an oyster lease up at Port Stephens ( makes for great fishing trips.. oh and appitisers... :thumbup: ) apart from the "tumbled washed " oysters which are smooth, i remeber 1 time his old man was bringing some up and a " rock " of oysters decided it wanted to head south back into the water before being brought into the boat.. my mates old man being who he is, and our own natrual human reaction, he decided to pull "Gillchrist" and catch the rock only to end up berlying for sharks!!

Was funny at the time but his hand ended up some what similar to yours... ( i was stunned actually at the time )

Eat up mate, revenge is sweet!!! :074:

CHeeRS

Antun