More Jewfish!

wacko

Hi folks,

Hutcho and I had planned a trip ages ago and it came time when we were both free for a fish. :thumbup:

Plan was to start early for a Jewfish or two...then potter round' fishing for flatties etc.

We met in the wee hours and hooked the boat up...whispering to each other so we would'nt wake the neighbours! hehehe

Got to the ramp nice and early and made way to a few spots.

It was'nt long before Hutcho hooked up to a solid fish.....the Jighead had'nt found it's mark properly and the fish shook itself free! Doh!

It did'nt matter......three casts later and Hutcho was on again! A nice school Jew slid into the net and it was smiles all-round. :thumbup:

The tide was starting to turn and the current was running a little faster now.....Hutcho put

in a nice cast right into a pocket of current and whammo! He was on again!

This was a much better fish...it peeled a bit of line and gave some big headshakes. After a short fight we had a nice Jew of around the 4-5kg mark boatside. The net-man (me) was a total idiot and spent the next part of a few seconds trying to get a very lively Jew into an environet! (Harder than it seems when the fish and current are working against you!)

Anyways.....like a gumby....the hook drops out of the fish and we watch Hutcho's prize drift away into the depths!! Sorry dude!!! We were still stoked and would have let the fish go anyways. :thumbup:

We threw a few more casts and I finally hooked up into a nice Jew of around the 5-6kg mark.

It ate a....you guessed it....4inch Chartreuse jigging grub....same plastic that we got one of the Jew on last week.

A few happy snaps and I let the fish go. Great to watch a nice Jew swim away. :)

Hutcho had the most hook-ups, fishing a Gulp 4inch Pogy in 'anchovy' colour.

Anyways, it was a great mornings Jewie fishing. We fished a few spots for some decent flatties and 3 big Flounder during the day.

Great company and excellent fishing!! Thanks Hutcho for a ride out in the boat! :)

Cheers,

Wacko.

post-13416-015048100 1287110491_thumb.jpg

post-13416-025581700 1287110512_thumb.jpg

post-13416-019266100 1287110527_thumb.jpg

post-13416-015587700 1287110538_thumb.jpg

G/W wacko!

Your on fire mate! :thumbup:

I saw a lizard like that one follow my bait up yesterday on LCR but wouldnt take bait nor a plastic... Saw a big Black bream do the same aswell, lol My mate bagged a nice 35cm Trev and I was plagues by choppers, I lost a whole bag of Powerbait on them :1badmood:

Great piccies too would have loved to seen a footy sized Flounder, I havent seen one since I was about 12yo that size, plenty of mini's tho' lol

Tight Lines

Anthony

:)

:yahoo: Top stuff Jack and Hutcho, good onya Jack for getting Hutch onto a few jews,

he has been hanging to get one on a plastic as I am, glad you got your plastic jewie Hutch.

Great report Jack and some nice pics too..

Congrats to both.. :thumbup:

Jack,

Thanks for a great `early morning' and I mean early fishing trip. As you know I was sceptical but seeing with my own eyes was litterly amazing and a couple of big ticks on my bucket list. You are a very very good fisho, and a reminder that persistance and confidence pays off when fishing with plastics. Don't worry about the jewy and the net incident. It takes two to tango and I consider it was tagged and released anyway, it was certainly a nice fish.

You actually think like a bloody fish. Can't wait to attack the reds.

Thanks again Jack.

Regards,Hutcho

Jack,

Thanks for a great `early morning' and I mean early fishing trip. As you know I was sceptical but seeing with my own eyes was litterly amazing and a couple of big ticks on my bucket list. You are a very very good fisho, and a reminder that persistance and confidence pays off when fishing with plastics. Don't worry about the jewy and the net incident. It takes two to tango and I consider it was tagged and released anyway, it was certainly a nice fish.

You actually think like a bloody fish. Can't wait to attack the reds.

Thanks again Jack.

Regards,Hutcho

Your a GUN Jack!!Well done

Hi Guys,

I have been chasing for these thing all around the Haweksubry over the last few months to find nothing. Spending this weekend on another house boat looking for them. Can anyone please offer some advice as to where i may find a jew? These boat trips are costing me and arm and a leg to sit all night on a houseboat hoping to hear my baitrunner scream at least once ....but nothing :(

Any advice is much appreciated.

Cheers,

Hi folks,

Hutcho and I had planned a trip ages ago and it came time when we were both free for a fish. :thumbup:

Plan was to start early for a Jewfish or two...then potter round' fishing for flatties etc.

We met in the wee hours and hooked the boat up...whispering to each other so we would'nt wake the neighbours! hehehe

Got to the ramp nice and early and made way to a few spots.

It was'nt long before Hutcho hooked up to a solid fish.....the Jighead had'nt found it's mark properly and the fish shook itself free! Doh!

It did'nt matter......three casts later and Hutcho was on again! A nice school Jew slid into the net and it was smiles all-round. :thumbup:

The tide was starting to turn and the current was running a little faster now.....Hutcho put

in a nice cast right into a pocket of current and whammo! He was on again!

This was a much better fish...it peeled a bit of line and gave some big headshakes. After a short fight we had a nice Jew of around the 4-5kg mark boatside. The net-man (me) was a total idiot and spent the next part of a few seconds trying to get a very lively Jew into an environet! (Harder than it seems when the fish and current are working against you!)

Anyways.....like a gumby....the hook drops out of the fish and we watch Hutcho's prize drift away into the depths!! Sorry dude!!! We were still stoked and would have let the fish go anyways. :thumbup:

We threw a few more casts and I finally hooked up into a nice Jew of around the 5-6kg mark.

It ate a....you guessed it....4inch Chartreuse jigging grub....same plastic that we got one of the Jew on last week.

A few happy snaps and I let the fish go. Great to watch a nice Jew swim away. :)

Hutcho had the most hook-ups, fishing a Gulp 4inch Pogy in 'anchovy' colour.

Anyways, it was a great mornings Jewie fishing. We fished a few spots for some decent flatties and 3 big Flounder during the day.

Great company and excellent fishing!! Thanks Hutcho for a ride out in the boat! :)

Cheers,

Wacko.

post-13416-015048100 1287110491_thumb.jpg

post-13416-025581700 1287110512_thumb.jpg

post-13416-019266100 1287110527_thumb.jpg

post-13416-015587700 1287110538_thumb.jpg

well done