Action A Plenty Off Botany Heads

Aqua Naut

Well another top day and couldn't help myself had to take the boat out again for another outing looking for some surface action and I was not dissapointed. Went out to the wall to see if I could find some bait but with the E Swell of around 1 Mtr rolling in found it hard to be still so decided on heading outside once again. Swell was alittle bigger outside but didn't stop the birds, they were everywhere. I knew there was some surface action to be had and sure enough within a minute of dropping the lures out the back :thumbup: Bonitos ranging 40 to 50 cm. Trolled for at least an hour over the same water and picked up 20. All around mid water so the deep divers were working best. Also caught several on the 70gr Halco shinner. Released most of them but kept 8 good ones for bait next trip out. Went quite for a while so headed out to some of the close in reefs off Kurnell to get some protection from that SW wind. Ahchored and berlyied heavy which was bringing in the mutton birds for a feed and incredibly a southern white whale decided to pop his head out 20mrts from the boat and only 20mtrs from the rocks. WOW!! :clapping: Not only do I go out for a fish also throw in a whale watch as well.... :biggrinthumb: Spotted another 2 breeching the water about 1km out which was very impressive. :thumbup: Anyway it was time to call it a day. With the water temp half a degree up from last week at 19.6oC it's looking like by the turn of November we should be firing.....lets hope!! Tight Lines :1fishing1:

post-8911-005097400 1287399653_thumb.jpg

post-8911-079294100 1287399674_thumb.jpg

post-8911-059277600 1287399790_thumb.jpg

post-8911-070689000 1287399929_thumb.jpg

I was out there yesterday to Aqua Naut, Saw those whales breaching and

a couple of others coming up for air not far off the rocks. I didnt

stay long just poked around for a look and then ducked back into the

bay, I didnt like the feel of the swell.

We found some Trevs and rat Kings at the 1st spot you fished.

cheers

Well another top day and couldn't help myself had to take the boat out again for another outing looking for some surface action and I was not dissapointed. Went out to the wall to see if I could find some bait but with the E Swell of around 1 Mtr rolling in found it hard to be still so decided on heading outside once again. Swell was alittle bigger outside but didn't stop the birds, they were everywhere. I knew there was some surface action to be had and sure enough within a minute of dropping the lures out the back :thumbup: Bonitos ranging 40 to 50 cm. Trolled for at least an hour over the same water and picked up 20. All around mid water so the deep divers were working best. Also caught several on the 70gr Halco shinner. Released most of them but kept 8 good ones for bait next trip out. Went quite for a while so headed out to some of the close in reefs off Kurnell to get some protection from that SW wind. Ahchored and berlyied heavy which was bringing in the mutton birds for a feed and incredibly a southern white whale decided to pop his head out 20mrts from the boat and only 20mtrs from the rocks. WOW!! :clapping: Not only do I go out for a fish also throw in a whale watch as well.... :biggrinthumb: Spotted another 2 breeching the water about 1km out which was very impressive. :thumbup: Anyway it was time to call it a day. With the water temp half a degree up from last week at 19.6oC it's looking like by the turn of November we should be firing.....lets hope!! Tight Lines :1fishing1:

well done