Some Nice Fish Today.

Jewhunter

G'day all.

I was grumpy yesterday because I had to work when it was too nice & I wanted to fish.

Decided to leave the offsider to work today so I could fish! :yahoo:

Hit the bait spot early & got full strings of yakkas every drop. With in 15 mins we were blasting out to our spot at 30 knots in beautiful conditions.

It wasn't as hot as last time we were there. The fish were there but not really fired up.

Anyway, I managed to beat Slinky's A.J record by 1 cm! It didn't last long as Browndog2 then beat mine by another 1cm!

It was a great effort by Greg. He hooked up while I was on a nice king but had major problems with his outfit. He then donned the gloves & handlined the fish up from 80mtrs of water! :1yikes: So Slinky, we lost our Raider records to a bloody handline!! :074:

While all that was going on I calmly boated a 92cm king. :biggrin2:

We went a tad wider to a different mark & I hooked up to a BIG fish that was giving me some so I gave it some back. :biggrin2: It ended up busting me off & by the look of the left over trace & the line 1mtr up from my swivel we realised that I had just tangled with a marlin. No hope on 80lb leader but it was fun while it lasted.

All up a top day out with some nice fish landed.

Sorry about the pics. I was lazy today. :wacko:

Cheers,

Grant.

G'day all.

I was grumpy yesterday because I had to work when it was too nice & I wanted to fish.

Decided to leave the offsider to work today so I could fish! :yahoo:

Hit the bait spot early & got full strings of yakkas every drop. With in 15 mins we were blasting out to our spot at 30 knots in beautiful conditions.

It wasn't as hot as last time we were there. The fish were there but not really fired up.

Anyway, I managed to beat Slinky's A.J record by 1 cm! It didn't last long as Browndog2 then beat mine by another 1cm!

It was a great effort by Greg. He hooked up while I was on a nice king but had major problems with his outfit. He then donned the gloves & handlined the fish up from 80mtrs of water! :1yikes: So Slinky, we lost our Raider records to a bloody handline!! :074:

While all that was going on I calmly boated a 92cm king. :biggrin2:

We went a tad wider to a different mark & I hooked up to a BIG fish that was giving me some so I gave it some back. :biggrin2: It ended up busting me off & by the look of the left over trace & the line 1mtr up from my swivel we realised that I had just tangled with a marlin. No hope on 80lb leader but it was fun while it lasted.

All up a top day out with some nice fish landed.

Sorry about the pics. I was lazy today. :wacko:

Cheers,

Grant.

well done

Nice one JH. You do realize that BD and I are messing with your head? We spoke after both beating your last AJ record with you on board that we'd just keep letting you get your hopes up by catching a slightly bigger one... Before smashing you again.

We just want to see you cry ;)

Bad luck about the Marlin... Looks like someone forgot the bananas! Next time out looks like we'll have to start floating a livie under a balloon while Greg and I are smashing your AJ records.

Sounds like Greg's been looking after his gear again... Do I have another reel to service?

Cheers, Slinky

LMAO!!! It's Grant's ... no wait, it's Slinky's ... no, hang on a second ... it's Greg's! :074: This record has been through more changes than Elizabeth Taylor's wedding dress! Keep it up fellas! :yahoo: Congratulations Greg ... for now :biggrin2:

Cheers

Skip

• 1 month later...