Wooo! First Bream On Sp's

victorski

Howdy everyone, today i was very determined to catch myself the illusive whiting on the flats in Rose Bay! purchased myself some gulp 6" sandworms in natural and cut 1-2" off the front and some 1/32 sz 2 & 4 jigheads! first cast, lifted my rod slightly to impart some action on the worm and felt a weight Wooo! set the hooks and i'm onto a little flatty of about 40cm, 2nd cast massive bite but failed to set the hook! 3rd cast bang i'm onto another flatty of similar size!

Jeeeesus this is amazing! couple casts late a big bite and bam set the hook and drag started to scream :D next thing and i could see a flash of silver and my heart started to race!!! landed myself a nice little breambo! my first on SP's and i was so happy cause i've only been able to land flattys so far on them :( then decided to roam closer into the shallows for some whiting and swore i hooked a few but after a couple seconds they would always throw the hooks :( i don't know what i'm doing wrong ahaha maybe need to attach a nice stinger ?

Very exciting stuff, every cast i seemed to get a nice hit! although i'm quite confused when the fish bites do you let it play with it or try and set the hooks straight away?

I continued to fish for a little while longer and hooked onto another 2 little flattys! but unforutnetly no whiting this time round! all in all a great little sesh and i can't wait to head down again and hopefully catch some whiting and more bream :D

Cheers

Victor :D

post-9937-036273600 1287651952_thumb.jpg

post-9937-061468700 1287651960_thumb.jpg

post-9937-008008300 1287651971_thumb.jpg

post-9937-059685200 1287651984_thumb.jpg

post-9937-021819200 1287652009_thumb.jpg

Howdy everyone, today i was very determined to catch myself the illusive whiting on the flats in Rose Bay! purchased myself some gulp 6" sandworms in natural and cut 1-2" off the front and some 1/32 sz 2 & 4 jigheads! first cast, lifted my rod slightly to impart some action on the worm and felt a weight Wooo! set the hooks and i'm onto a little flatty of about 40cm, 2nd cast massive bite but failed to set the hook! 3rd cast bang i'm onto another flatty of similar size!

Jeeeesus this is amazing! couple casts late a big bite and bam set the hook and drag started to scream :D next thing and i could see a flash of silver and my heart started to race!!! landed myself a nice little breambo! my first on SP's and i was so happy cause i've only been able to land flattys so far on them :( then decided to roam closer into the shallows for some whiting and swore i hooked a few but after a couple seconds they would always throw the hooks :( i don't know what i'm doing wrong ahaha maybe need to attach a nice stinger ?

Very exciting stuff, every cast i seemed to get a nice hit! although i'm quite confused when the fish bites do you let it play with it or try and set the hooks straight away?

I continued to fish for a little while longer and hooked onto another 2 little flattys! but unforutnetly no whiting this time round! all in all a great little sesh and i can't wait to head down again and hopefully catch some whiting and more bream :D

Cheers

well done Edited by bangus

Cheers

well done mate ya cant beat the feeling on plastics....to be honest most of the time i strike with my placcies because its such a thin gauge hook ya got a good chance of a hookup but thats me speaking with me using the starlo/bushy jig heads or berkley nitro jig heads of a thin gauge and light weight dont know what other raiders do so lets see lol, but in saying that most of the time ya plastics will just get smashed and inhaled and your on after that wind up the slack.

Ivz :beersmile: