Kings After Work & Saturday (Updated)

fishmaniac

Went out this afternoon after work. Got home from work at 4:50 and quickly packed the boat.

I fished for about 45minutes out near the heads in which time I landed 3 kings: 68cm, 70cm and 75cm. I raced home and was back at the ramp by 6:30. Kept one and released the other two! They are not as big as the fish from last weekend but great fun nonetheless.

It's great when things come together and it was a great way to finish off the week!

post-6215-081061800 1287737981_thumb.jpg

I went out on Saturday morning for another session on some salmon and kingfish. I started the day off at dawn catching squid and landed 3 in about 40 minutes, including one honker at about 2kg!

I then ventured over to North Head and found some feeding salmon. They were feeding well and I landed 2 nice fish which were released. They then became tentative so I left them and went looking for some kings.

The action was pretty slow but I managed one nice fish at 72cm.

I then picked up my girlfriend when she finished work and went to another spot. We had a couple of missed hits then I landed an 87cm fish. It was very fat and weighed 7kg. Unfortunately she lost a real beauty. We had done all the hard yards and got it into open water but we had a line failure just below the first hook of a twin hook snood which resulted in the line pulling through. I was devastated (as was she) as this fish was definately over 90cm and a best for her.

post-6215-054958000 1287875018_thumb.jpg

Edited by fishmaniac

Went out this afternoon after work. Got home from work at 4:50 and quickly packed the boat.

I fished for about 45minutes out near the heads in which time I landed 3 kings: 68cm, 70cm and 75cm. I raced home and was back at the ramp by 6:30. Kept one and released the other two! They are not as big as the fish from last weekend but great fun nonetheless.

It's great when things come together and it was a great way to finish off the week!

post-6215-081061800 1287737981_thumb.jpg

I went out on Saturday morning for another session on some salmon and kingfish. I started the day off at dawn catching squid and landed 3 in about 40 minutes, including one honker at about 2kg!

I then ventured over to North Head and found some feeding salmon. They were feeding well and I landed 2 nice fish which were released. They then became tentative so I left them and went looking for some kings.

The action was pretty slow but I managed one nice fish at 72cm.

I then picked up my girlfriend when she finished work and went to another spot. We had a couple of missed hits then I landed an 87cm fish. It was very fat and weighed 7kg. Unfortunately she lost a real beauty. We had done all the hard yards and got it into open water but we had a line failure just below the first hook of a twin hook snood which resulted in the line pulling through. I was devastated (as was she) as this fish was definately over 90cm and a best for her.

post-6215-054958000 1287875018_thumb.jpg

well done