My New Flattie Pb

Norto

G'day Raiders,

Caught my biggest Flathead to date while I was up at our Caravan at Port Stephens she measured 65cm :yahoo: . Up until now the biggest I had caught was about 45cm. Only been using soft plastics for about 8 months and I will never go back to bait. Caught it on a "Shaky Shad" in pumpkin seed colour I have got a photo but the file is too big so don't know how to fix that, I was also going to enter it in the fish of the month comp but did not have the time stamp on the camera. Incidentally the day after, I caught another and it went 60cm. Just a question The bigger one had swallowed the jighead and lure so I cut the line and she still swam away ...what would her chances of surviving be do you think? Thanks.

Regards,

Norto

post-9507-056118400 1287994215_thumb.jpg

Hi Norto, congratulations on your pb for flathead.:thumbup: As for the photo, got to Forum Tutorial and click on How to re size your picture. The Flathead has a 100% chance of survival compared to if you had kept it. The hook should rust out and then the head will be regurgitated with luck.

Regards Jeff

Try this

Norto

Thats a nice flattie there Norto :thumbup: well done and keep with the plastics as they will make your fishing even better.

Cheers Stewy

Yeah your right Grant, It certainly got them very interested.The youngest (the one on the right) he never stops when we are out fishin he casts using the SP's and keeps this up the whole time we are out, whereas the other 2 kids will do it for a while and then have a spell but as soon as Blair cathes one they get straight back into it, for a while anyway. Blair is a real fisherman in the making he gets rewarded on occasion too I think he put me to shame last time we were at the caravan with about a 45cm Flatty.

Norto.

G'day Raiders,

Caught my biggest Flathead to date while I was up at our Caravan at Port Stephens she measured 65cm :yahoo: . Up until now the biggest I had caught was about 45cm. Only been using soft plastics for about 8 months and I will never go back to bait. Caught it on a "Shaky Shad" in pumpkin seed colour I have got a photo but the file is too big so don't know how to fix that, I was also going to enter it in the fish of the month comp but did not have the time stamp on the camera. Incidentally the day after, I caught another and it went 60cm. Just a question The bigger one had swallowed the jighead and lure so I cut the line and she still swam away ...what would her chances of surviving be do you think? Thanks.

Regards,

Norto

well done