Trailer Rollers?

Berleyguts

I plan to refurbish my trailer soon and, after the wheel bearings and leaf springs, I plan to replace the rollers, so just went down to measure them.

The two black smooth wobble rollers on the port side are about 100mm and the tow on the starboard side are about 90mm. I though that was strange. Do you think this could be why it leans a bit to one side as it comes on to the trailer or do you think that might have more to do with the height of the bracket posts?

Also, are the blue rollers for alloy boats worth the extra penny over the black ones?

Is there anything else I should be looking at besides the rollers?

Boat is a 4m Stacer runabout on a Brooker trailer.

Thanks and regards,

Baz

Baz

I took my trailer to a place in Lakemba and got a quote to have it upgraded.

It worked out cheaper for them to do the work and without the hassle. It was a cash job

Sorry I dont have the details or address as I was just driving buy and it was a very small place.

Perhaps it is worth looking up the yellow pages for a place near you.

Baz

I took my trailer to a place in Lakemba and got a quote to have it upgraded.

It worked out cheaper for them to do the work and without the hassle. It was a cash job

Sorry I dont have the details or address as I was just driving buy and it was a very small place.

Perhaps it is worth looking up the yellow pages for a place near you.

Thanks. I'll explore that option, too.

There is some rust I want to repair too, so plan to sand back, treat and paint. Juts thought I'd take car of it all together.

Cheers,

Baz

Hi Baz, all the boats I have had I changed the wobbler rollers over to sleds to stop pressure being put in one spot when travelling any distance.

Regards Jeff

I bought my boat new and had the choice between the two, so looked for some advice.

I was told to go for the teflon sleds as they did less damage to the hull.

If you look along a hull that has rollers you quite often see dings were the rollers sit.

Regards Steven