Jijgging Outfit

Kiwi Dan

Hi all,

I'm looking to purchase a new jigging outfit, rod and reel. I am hoping to spend under $500 total.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what could be a good purchase? I am hoping to get into solid offshore kings.

I went into a tackle store last week and they showed me a Pflueger reel.

Any help is appreciated.

Hi all,

I'm looking to purchase a new jigging outfit, rod and reel. I am hoping to spend under $500 total.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what could be a good purchase? I am hoping to get into solid offshore kings.

Any help is appreciated.

give me a buzz in next couple days if i dont ring ya first..

im pretty busy with lots on atm...

overhead or spin.......

cheers....steve........

Those Tuff Tackle outfits are being flogged off cheap these days, can't say I've used them myself but with 20-30kg carbontex drag systems and 10-15 year warranty seems like good bang for your buck. Should be able to get a combo with plenty of change from $500. Otherwise look around for an Okuma Salina II in a suitable size, excellent reputation and again great value.

Cheers,

Adam.

This is what i did..

shimano saragossa 8000 = $300

Vfox T-Blade Jigging rod = 180

ygk jigging braid = $65

saying that i am no expert and i havnt used this rod yet for jigging.

Edited by slinkymalinky

Hi all,

Any help is appreciated.

Got a good deal today,

The rod is a new T Curve Revolution Offshore Series Jig PE6 1.58 mt 2 peice

The reel is a Thunnus 16000f

Spooled with 60 lb braid and 80 lb wind on leader all for just under $500

Nicccce kingy outfit :biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

Cheers Silvo

PS The shop that I got it from had one 16000f left which I scored and was on the phone to Shimano and they had none of the old ones left in stock.

Got a good deal today,

The rod is a new T Curve Revolution Offshore Series Jig PE6 1.58 mt 2 peice

The reel is a Thunnus 16000f

Spooled with 60 lb braid and 80 lb wind on leader all for just under $500

Nicccce kingy outfit :biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

Cheers Silvo

PS The shop that I got it from had one 16000f left which I scored and was on the phone to Shimano and they had none of the old ones left in stock.

hello mate,

mind sharing or sending me a pm with the shop details. Mights see if they have anything else interesting lying around.

+1 for Okuma Salina II, i've got one and it is great guns! - you should be able to get the 16000 which puts out over 20kg of drag for about $350 locally. Don't buy these overseas though. a friend of mine did and the SS internals of the Aussie versions were not evident in the O/S versions and the bearings went quick.

get what ya pay for.

James.

• 3 weeks later...

Stinny,

Stay away from anything tufftackle. I bought a few of their reels thinking I'd give them a shot, why not? Good price, good warranty, claims that they're good reels. When they fell apart after 2 uses (all 3 reels, what a coincidence) and were returned tufftackle simply claimed they had been killed by immersion and were not going to be covered by warranty. I fish offshore. Immersion means it's staying there forever. They had been sprayed by salt and fell apart, let alone immersion.

Edited by Lineclass