Botany Bay Delivers The Goods Again!

dhype

Hello Raiders When for a quick fish this morning with my mate Tom and it turned out to be great morning fishing the bay.

Got to the boat ramp at 7am and fished till midday and it was raining on and off for most of it., we fished a few locations and managed a good bucket of fish for our efforts. thumbup.gif

Conditions were a bit rough heading out in my tiny tinny but we managed to get to the first spot with only one other boat fishing the area - I had 4 fish already in the bucket when Tom pulled up his first keeper about 50cm thinking it was the fish of the day and bragged on about quality over quantity... little did he know what was to follow... 1prop.gif

We motored over to another spot and i right away pull in another nice flatty to add to the keeper tank...

post-10545-079601100 1289028652_thumb.jpg

Keep casting our plastics and getting plenty of hit ....then i felt something solid hit take my lure.. i knew right away it was a good fish as there was substantial weight at the end of my 5lb line... a few minutes later this little lady comes up yahoo.gif

post-10545-030274800 1289027627_thumb.jpg

post-10545-098660800 1289028732_thumb.jpg

After a few photos and a quick measure the 76cm lady was release back into the water to fight another day biggrin2.gif

post-10545-016492500 1289028700_thumb.jpg

Flicked out the plastics again and a few moments later i score a 37cm bream that gave me some curry...into the bucket it goes too!

post-10545-001486200 1289027608_thumb.jpg

My cocky mate Tom had nothing to say by the end the trip as i beat him on all fronts - qualiTy, quanTity and varieTy - the three fishing TTTs!

Feeling abit hungry we called it a day at about noon and headed home, all up it was a great days fishing and great company.

Cya all on the water!

Cheers Trung / DHYPE

Edited by dhype

Awesome Trung, nice catch and well done releasing the big girl. I dream of catching a 70cm+ flatty.

Thinking of heading out first thing in the morning to have a go. Winds are expected to increase 15-20 kts overnight though :thumbdown:

Whereabouts is a a good spot in the bay to flick plastics for flatties??

Looks like you were using flick baits?

Regards,

Rob

Top session there with a great croc release included! Were all fish taken on plastics?

Yup all fish taken on plastics... its been a very long time since i have used bait.. did the change to lures about 12 months ago have never looked back since.

Caught more and better quality fish on lures in the past 12 months than i have all my life on bait combined! thumbup.gif

Cheers

Trung

Edited by dhype

Your on fire Trung. The Bay is fishing really well at the moment.

Well done for cutting that big girl loose.

c'n'r

It feels just as good to release a good fish as it does catching one..! thumbup.gif

Edited by dhype

Awesome Trung, nice catch and well done releasing the big girl. I dream of catching a 70cm+ flatty.

Thinking of heading out first thing in the morning to have a go. Winds are expected to increase 15-20 kts overnight though :thumbdown:

Whereabouts is a a good spot in the bay to flick plastics for flatties??

Looks like you were using flick baits?

Regards,

Rob

Hi there rob -

You will be surprised how many 70cm+ lizards are out in the bay... my mates and i pick them up often enough on plastics.

You can try Towra, Brighton , silver beach and the little beach over near bare island if you want to flick for flatties on plastics.

Good luck on you 70cm flatty quest!

Trung

Thats a nice lizard.Good on you for the release.May you keep catching them bigger and bigger.Will be seeing you on the water a bit more now that the big girls are starting to wake up.

I don't think the flatties even went to sleep during the cooler months!! we have been consistanty catching them over the past 12 months with the plastics... must have landed many hundred flatties in this period. Just got to live botany bay!