No Wash Zone Cottage Point

Choc

Hi Guys,

Being very new to boating I was in Cowan two weeks ago and travelling with another boat, when I came to the no wash zone at Cottage Point I slowed down as I thought I needed to. The other boater that I was with reckoned that it was OK to proceed at a 'Safe planning speed'. Any info on the correct waterways ruling on this area would be much appreciated. Also is there a Waterways facility for checking these sort of issues out.

Thanks Guys,

Craig

A "no wash zone" is exactly that - No wash.

A trailer boat for example will put off less wash on the plane than it will at 8kts, therefore, you can be on the plane in a no wash zone.

The idea behind "no wash" is to stop gin palaces motoring through at 12kts with a tsunami for a bow wave :1yikes: and destroying the banks of the river.

just look behind you next time your on the plane... if there's no 'swell' pumping off the boat you will be fine.

Also, check out This link and this other link for more info

-Dave.

A "no wash zone" is exactly that - No wash.

A trailer boat for example will put off less wash on the plane than it will at 8kts, therefore, you can be on the plane in a no wash zone. 

The idea behind "no wash" is to stop gin palaces motoring through at 12kts with a tsunami for a bow wave :1yikes:  and destroying the banks of the river.

just look behind you next time your on the plane... if there's no 'swell' pumping off the boat you will be fine.

Also, check out This link and this other link for more info

-Dave.

47149[/snapback]

Dave,

Thanks for clearing this up for me.

Regards

Craig

• 3 weeks later...
Dave,

Thanks for clearing this up for me.

Regards

Craig

47443[/snapback]

craig i know that spot well the sea plane lands their alot to the restaurant waterways reguarly patrol that stretch and the rescue base is just at the point their

you always get overtaken their by other boats usually wankers in boats 10mtrs plus drinkn pink champers .. : :1wine: