Bass Point

sydneyfishoaddict

hi raiders. went to bass point today with two of my mates. havent been to bass point since around march 2010. got there around 7am. there were about 20 fishos spinning. saw some catching sambos and horsies on lures. stayed there until 1pm. only managed 1 sambo around the 60cm mark on lure. tried using pillies but no success. looks like bass point is starting to fire up again. also saw an undersize kingie around the 50cm taken by 1 fisho. pity no inspectors came. sorry no pics. the waves were hitting the rocks pretty hard and got really wet. lucky i had my keys and phone in the bag far enough so it didnt get wet too. 2hrs drive each way to catch 1 sambo. is it worth it??? of course...cant wait to go back to bass point soon...i wonder how is avoca doing these days???

i was there aswell, damn the waves were hektic.

yeh i saw that undersized kingie aswell, felt like chucking it back in but it was already dead.

me and my mate ended up catching 2 bonito and 3 salmon.

bonito weren't out for some reason, everyone was catching salmon.

hi raiders. went to bass point today with two of my mates. havent been to bass point since around march 2010. got there around 7am. there were about 20 fishos spinning. saw some catching sambos and horsies on lures. stayed there until 1pm. only managed 1 sambo around the 60cm mark on lure. tried using pillies but no success. looks like bass point is starting to fire up again. also saw an undersize kingie around the 50cm taken by 1 fisho. pity no inspectors came. sorry no pics. the waves were hitting the rocks pretty hard and got really wet. lucky i had my keys and phone in the bag far enough so it didnt get wet too. 2hrs drive each way to catch 1 sambo. is it worth it??? of course...cant wait to go back to bass point soon...i wonder how is avoca doing these days???

Mate i haven,t fished down there for several months either.It sure is a popular spot though,i sit out in the boat and look at everyone cramming one spot on the rocks definately a busy fishing spot.

Next time your down that way mate chuck the squid jigs in.There are heaps of squid down there, you won,t be coming home with just sambo i guarantee you B) .

Better luck on your next trip down there,and yes it,s definately worth the drive GOOD LUCK

chris

I wont be surprised that the coucil leave the gates locked all the time...the amount of rubbish there is putrid...especially when the bin is provided right there on the edge of the ledge.. :ranting2:

Suprisingly during winter when the bonnie chasers and crowds arent there the place is pristine... :thumbup:

Yea mate its heaps better during winter as only the serious fisho's fish there.

I aint been there for months as 1 saturday afternoon some low life fool smashed both of me front side windows and cost me a fortune. :ranting2:

yeah its a shame when the lowlives break into your car...I have been numerous times over the years...Only wish I caught the scum...

Big problem down there with this happening, we had our windows smashed but they couldnt get thru the tint and there was nothing in the car anyway. Keep an eye out for cars with 4 or 5 in em all young kids, they were driving a silver EA falcon that smashed ours.

Guest Aussie007

there is no need to park where the boat ramp is park out side of the coal? company make sure your car is visible from there office and if there is to many fishos on the rocks go fish under the coal wharf off of the rocks we catch huge squid there with yakkas on the spiked sticks lob it out and just sit and wait untill your rod bounces or bends its best getting there early and fishing from 3-4am onwards or getting there at 2-3pm fishing untill its dark only bad thing is when there is large swell and its dark its very scary and dangerous oh yeah and from the coal wharf u can clearly see your car so if u see anyone breaking into it just call the cops they will be there in a flash and you'll be on the phone so if they quickly take what ever than leave u can tell the police over the phone they will be caught as there is only one road in and out :thumbup: people breaking into cars seems to be common down wollongong way a lot of this has happened at the port kembla break walls

post-3154-044247100 1289973425_thumb.jpg

good report, thanks !

weird the bonitos aren't in as i have been hearing people catching heaps recently down at bass point.

I haven't been to bass point in AGES but hearing stories of cars being broken into has put me off and the fact that I had to put up with some very UNFRIENDLY fishermen down there.

I personally hate that place.. WIth Victor's car getting smashed and over crowded fishing area. Most likely spend most of your time untangling lines. From what I've heard and seen for myself, there are a few fishos who spin with the octopus jigs on a float, they are very reckless. If you are standing behind them, there is a chance your gonna get hooked in the face. Things like this turn me of fishing.

Guest Aussie007

bass point sounds very popular now.. when i started fishing there last year early this year there were hardly any people around

I personally hate that place.. WIth Victor's car getting smashed and over crowded fishing area. Most likely spend most of your time untangling lines. From what I've heard and seen for myself, there are a few fishos who spin with the octopus jigs on a float, they are very reckless. If you are standing behind them, there is a chance your gonna get hooked in the face. Things like this turn me of fishing.

Yea mate its gets to packed with people these days with hooks flying everywhere its a nightmare. I been fishing off there for 10 to 15years on and off it aint what it used to be.Its the Avoca of the south, full of tangled lines and rubbish with no respect shown by anglers