Mixed Bag

austral

hello all, i dusted off the electric motor on sunday arfternoon and planed to target a few flathead around st huberts is.

and as usual when i mention going fishing the wind picks up to about 20kts.

i threw some plastics around the narrow channel for zip, then tried up on the nearby flats for a couple of breamhits and a school of about 5-6 bream following my lure of the flat(the poppers will get dusted off next):biggrin2:

so with the wind now picking up my other flathead spot was way to exposed so i changed lures to a shallow chubby and headed to another weed bed and after a few cast i managed to get a 27cm bream but that was about all for that area..

luckily before i left home i threw in some bread rolls in case the lures failed, so i headed over to the empire bay area and tied up to a lease pole. with the burley working i had some baits up on the flats and one rod for the mullet and garies.

post-10279-019759100 1289977171_thumb.jpg

the bream and garfish were dinner on monday night, i have finally worked out how to totally debone a garfish and if i get some more soon ill try and take a few photos as i do it.. cheers..stevo..

Edited by austral

hello all, i dusted off the electric motor on sunday arfternoon and planed to target a few flathead around st huberts is.

and as usual when i mention going fishing the wind picks up to about 20kts.

i threw some plastics around the narrow channel for zip, then tried up on the nearby flats for a couple of breamhits and a school of about 5-6 bream following my lure of the flat(the poppers will get dusted off next):biggrin2:

so with the wind now picking up my other flathead spot was way to exposed so i changed lures to a shallow chubby and headed to another weed bed and after a few cast i managed to get a 27cm bream but that was about all for that area..

luckily before i left home i threw in some bread rolls in case the lures failed, so i headed over to the empire bay area and tied up to a lease pole. with the burley working i had some baits up on the flats and one rod for the mullet and garies.

post-10279-019759100 1289977171_thumb.jpg

the bream and garfish were dinner on monday night, i have finally worked out how to totally debone a garfish and if i get some more soon ill try and take a few photos as i do it.. cheers..stevo..

is there any particular method u use to debone the garfish? I know you can eat the small bones as what george said but im just wonderin....