Georges River 28 / 11 /10

dogtooth

Hi Everyone ,

Had a fish in Georges river using lures , tried blade styled lures today after the success of a few other good mates of mine and was more than impressed . Soapie jew , blackfish , bream , baby snapper , flounder and to top it off the biggest whiting i had ever caught on a lure :yahoo: . Blades sure got the thumbs up today.... :thumbup: PS water upstream of como is very dirty and we struggled to catch a fish due to this .

Keys are for COTM.

post-692-012827100 1290925446_thumb.jpg

post-692-047217800 1290925457_thumb.jpg

post-692-013441900 1290925482_thumb.jpg

post-692-053122000 1290925495_thumb.jpg

Cheers Dogtooth....... :1fishing1: John.... :beersmile:

Edited by dogtooth

John, that is a monster whiting!!! :thumbup:

It's funny seeing a whiting nearly as big as a soapy! Which put up the best fight?

What a top day out using blades. A good mixture of different fish - a real seafood feast.

Cheers

Peter

PS Did the whiting also drink the crownie? :074:

Hi Everyone ,

Had a fish in Georges river using lures , tried blade styled lures today after the success of a few other good mates of mine and was more than impressed . Soapie jew , blackfish , bream , baby snapper , flounder and to top it off the biggest whiting i had ever caught on a lure :yahoo: . Blades sure got the thumbs up today.... :thumbup: PS water upstream of como is very dirty and we struggled to catch a fish due to this .

Keys are for COTM.

post-692-012827100 1290925446_thumb.jpg

post-692-047217800 1290925457_thumb.jpg

post-692-013441900 1290925482_thumb.jpg

post-692-053122000 1290925495_thumb.jpg

Cheers Dogtooth....... :1fishing1: John.... :beersmile:

I have a blade lure in the bag but never had any success. Whats the one tip would you suggest when using blades? Also were you land base or fishing from a boat?

Cheers

John, that is a monster whiting!!! :thumbup:

It's funny seeing a whiting nearly as big as a soapy! Which put up the best fight?

What a top day out using blades. A good mixture of different fish - a real seafood feast.

Cheers

Peter

PS Did the whiting also drink the crownie? :074:

Jewie had a better first run , whiting fought till all the way . didnt have a net so both fish were lifted in the boat under there bellys...

I have a blade lure in the bag but never had any success. Whats the one tip would you suggest when using blades? Also were you land base or fishing from a boat?

Cheers

Im no expert but i was doing a simple lift , retrieve the slack and make sure the lure was on the bottom before another quick lift of the rod . you can really feel the blade working . on plastics i use a doule flick . All caught on a boat drifting , casting ahead of the direction your boat is drifting.

cheers Dogtooth..... :1fishing1: John.... :beersmile:

Cracker whiting! I think I saw you guys down river near CC bridge too!

Im sure you were in the white Yak with 3 rods , and livie holder off the side. just after you passed us we dropped a few good flatties got to see them hooks just fell out , managed the jew and a bream closer to the bridge .

cheers Dogtooth..... :1fishing1: John..... :beersmile:

Edited by dogtooth

Hi all agian,

Just wondering what the boat drifting mean? I just recently bought a new boat and have no idea what is boat drifting. Is it a kind of technique to boat driving? Is there any link like youtube video teaching u how to boat drifting?

Regards,

Phil

Hi all,

May I ask what is blade lure? Can someone show me a pix what a blade lure looks like? Sorry I'm a learner fisho,

Regards,

Phil

Look in this picture below the whitings head and keys , lure weight was 4.5 grams.

post-692-098599700 1290966055_thumb.jpg

Hi all agian,

Just wondering what the boat drifting mean? I just recently bought a new boat and have no idea what is boat drifting. Is it a kind of technique to boat driving? Is there any link like youtube video teaching u how to boat drifting?

Regards,

Phil

Boat drifting is when you have the motor turned off and you drift at the mercy of the currents or wind . That way you cover lots of ground . Have you been watching Fast and Furious lately ? or Drift racing ?

Hope this helps....

cheers Dogtooth...... :1fishing1: John.... :beersmile: