Towra 26/11/10

Breambucket

Hey guys!

Everyone must know by now that i nearly always fish botany bay Fridays after work so like normally i headed out with a few mates :)

It was very slow going to start off with but after a hour or so the bight really started to come on! I have been using 2lb leader alot recently but today wasnt so great. i lost a nice flattie at the boat maybe around 70cm :ranting2: and a couple of bream that i never did see but you sort of know they were of decent size so it was Fish 3/Pete 0.

Moved a couple of times and got a solid hit then this thing went spastic! i called it for a big trev but it kept on making big runs and i even had a decent amount of drag even with the 2lb so i was a little worried about loosing another one. finally i actually seen what the fish was and i was dancing like a fool lol ..... My pb whiting and i think a raider lure record that went 46cm and as fat as my arm! i couldn't believe how it thought and the runs that it took! Its deffently in my top 3 fish that i ever have caught especially after loosing the previous fish i had on in the day :yahoo:

Heres a couple of pics

2ekqd6x.jpg

21n4izn.jpg

2cngoiv.jpg

All fish caught and lost were on Berkley 3 inch minnows in watermellon pearl 1/16th jig heads 2lb leader and 3lb main line

Cheers guys

Pete

Whoa monster whiting you've got there. Have pulled a similar sized one before in Kogarah Bay which I thought was a small jewie!

I have a feeling you might have been busted off by tailor or snook. Have had it happen to me before - good fight and then line goes limp! Both tailor and snook love flickbaits.

It was definitely you I saw a couple of weekends back off Kurnell - recognise the flash Skeeter top. Was making a beeline back to the ramp when conditions got a bit choppy. Will definitely stop for a chat next time...

Great whiting Pete :thumbup:

Imagine the fish you would have caught if you werent using silly string :1yikes:

yeah i know but its only social fishing so i dont mind loosing a few every now and then :)

WOAH :thumbup:

Very niiice fish mate and not one to forget quickly.

The pics just don't do it justice, everyone at home should get a ruler out just to get an idea of how bloody big that fish is.

And on 2lb leader too!!!!

Cheers mate! I do the same when i see a nice fish on a report i get the brag mat out and get all jealous of there catch :biggrin2:

congrats mate

I'll have to work hard to get my record back

i was looking at your record a couple of months ago and didnt think i would ever get one! even 40cm to me is a massive fish

Whoa monster whiting you've got there. Have pulled a similar sized one before in Kogarah Bay which I thought was a small jewie!

I have a feeling you might have been busted off by tailor or snook. Have had it happen to me before - good fight and then line goes limp! Both tailor and snook love flickbaits.

It was definitely you I saw a couple of weekends back off Kurnell - recognise the flash Skeeter top. Was making a beeline back to the ramp when conditions got a bit choppy. Will definitely stop for a chat next time...

I wish i owned a skeeter. i got it in the skeeter owners comp in august with my uncle, its such a nice shirt to wear and it never gets hot.

Im gettin a stacer soon and ill be off the water for a few weeks while i sort out the set up. its going to feel like a long long time :wacko:

Pete - congratulations on the new whiting PB and fishraider record :1worthy::1worthy: . Those friday arvos are certainly working well for you.

Cheers mate! im getting too use to avro fishing i think, i got to get used to early mornings cause i think ill be doin the squidgy southern bream series next year.

Botany bay is the first round so i hope i put in a good showing

And thanks for everyone's kind words!

Pete

Mate what a cracker that's a jumbo whiting and I would have been doing cartwheels too...I'm amazed how golden they go on the nose.....as opposed to a blue nose bream, lets call'em Gold Noses!!!

They do look great dont they!

Thats the first thing i seen in the water then its bright yellow fins confirmed what it was :yahoo:

Im sort of spewin i didnt release him or her back into the water but the old man loves whiting and we used to catch big ones off the beach at South West Rocks when i was a kid so it sort of brought back memory's

Pete

• 1 month later...