Passing Waterways

Narralakes

Everyday I go past some of the best fishing waterways in Sydney on my way to work and coming home. To work I go past Middle Harbour, Lane Cove River, Parramatta River (Gladesville Bridge) and Iron Cove. On the way home I go over the Harbour Bridge and the Spit. Its torture going past these waterways, I always look for bust ups, fish jumping or boats fishing, gotta be careful of the traffic. I suppose thats why I look forward to when its my turn on the water at least once a week. Anyone else check out the water they go past? Sorry, may be a trivial thing, but, then again, its probably just me. BTW, saw no no no and a few boats down at the Spit this afternoon, looks like they were into something, didnt look too blown out either. Have a good weekend Raiders.

Guest Jocool
Anyone else check out the water they go past?

47529[/snapback]

Always Ken! :1clap::1clap:

You think its a worry while your driving a car...Spare a thought for me in a 15000KG truck...and sussing out the water as I zoom along! :074::074:

Everyday I go past some of the best fishing waterways in Sydney on my way to work and coming home.  To work I go past Middle Harbour, Lane Cove River,  Parramatta River (Gladesville Bridge) and Iron Cove.  On the way home I go over the Harbour Bridge and the Spit.  Its torture going past these waterways,[ I always look for bust ups, fish jumping or boats fishing, gotta be careful of the traffic].  I suppose thats why I look forward to when its my turn on the water at least once a week.  Anyone else check out the water they go past?  Sorry, may be a trivial thing, but, then again, its probably just me.  BTW, saw no no no and a few boats down at the Spit this afternoon, looks like they were into something, didnt look too blown out either.  Have a good weekend Raiders.

47529[/snapback]

Thats what they call rubber necking, And im afraid all fishermen are afflicted with it.

I do it over the captain cook bridge every mourning and arvo at 90 clicks :bump0ee: Then there is checking out how many boats are on the end of the runway when stuck in traffic on foreshore drive :ranting2:.

Over the years Ive developed the abillity for one eye to look straight forward and the other to look out at an accute angle :wacko: < Kinda like this guy

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one. Its a type of torture I reckon, especially those glassy, windless mornings when you have that feeling that there's gotta be fish out there and you're driving to work. You're too young for retirement Peter, besides, it sounds as though you do a heap of fishing. Take it easy in the truck Joe, dont wont to end up in the water. Do you reckon its like looking at nice looking women when you drive by them? Silly question!

Guest Jocool
Do you reckon its like looking at nice looking women when you drive by them?  Silly question!

47545[/snapback]

BETTER!!!! :1prop:

G`day Fellas ,

Rattling along over Ryde bridge one day on the BackHoe , I casualy glanced over the side to see a fella trying to steer a large fish into a net held by his FB.

This look only took a few seconds , but when I looked back I almost ran up the Arse of a Government Bus .

Now a 5 ton Backhoe at Full speed ( Top Gear 25/30Klms Max ) is not the ideal veichle to brake with suddenly , especially in a confined space like a bridge in Peak Hour Traffic.

Luckilly , I managed to stop , cms short , but I never chanced a look again .

Mick

I once hit a car as we were stopping at the lights to throw a tailor into my mates car window. :074: Was only a little prang, but was a pretty stupid thing, I was more concerened with positioning the car to give the pitcher a good shot. The bloke was really pissed that I scratched his shitbox but he never got back to me. :1prop:

Ken and Bashir,

what are you guys doing at 2.18 am and 5.14 am checking out the site, perhaps coming back from a fish or going?

Joe,

no I know you're a fishing fanatic!

Bluecod,

you gotta pick your cars.

Mick,

imagine the drop from Ryde Bridge and into the drink in a backhoe.

cheers

Everyday I go past some of the best fishing waterways in Sydney on my way to work and coming home.  To work I go past Middle Harbour, Lane Cove River,  Parramatta River (Gladesville Bridge) and Iron Cove.  On the way home I go over the Harbour Bridge and the Spit.  Its torture going past these waterways, I always look for bust ups, fish jumping or boats fishing, gotta be careful of the traffic.  I suppose thats why I look forward to when its my turn on the water at least once a week.  Anyone else check out the water they go past?  Sorry, may be a trivial thing, but, then again, its probably just me.  BTW, saw no no no and a few boats down at the Spit this afternoon, looks like they were into something, didnt look too blown out either.  Have a good weekend Raiders.

47529[/snapback]

mcgill had 2 nice kingy's on board when i went past yesterday

pete

Yes - guilty as charged. Never stop sussing out likely water. A few years ago I was returning to my Central Tablelands home after a business trip to the coast.

Stopped on a small bridge over a small creek and checked the water. Large trout rising everywhere both upstream and downstream - I was sitting there salivating wearing a suit and with no fishing gear! Sometimes its better to keep your eyes on the road...... sob...

Mate, I'm a tradie & work for myself so I always carry a rod & some plastics & lures in the car just in case I see something fishy!

Is it possible for a fisho not to check things out whle driving around?

Iain,

Iv'e been lucky with the cricket one a couple of times, managed to be drving by a match and seeing one guy get bowled and on another occasion saw someone get caught, but that almost resulted in an accident. I try to not watch for too long now while driving, especially when the Mrs and kids are in the car.