Botany Bay

robeebee

after not fishing much due to crap weather and other commitments it was good to finally get some action

Dad and i were on the water a little after 5.30 and headed straight to the end of the main runway

using my new favorite lure , turtle back worm in Camo , it didn't take long and i was on

a healthy hubcap sized Flounder , good start

a few minutes later and Tailor were busting up on the surface , no time to change to a metal lure

no worries , these turtle back worms will catch anything ,a near 50 cm Tailor is released

not long till i'm on again with a fat Breambo in the net, this is fun

Dad still hasn't got a fish but hopefully things will change

got another fish on , only a small flattie but a fish is a fish

things went quiet so we headed for the oil wharf after Scotty Lyons report of Kings

and as soon as we got there , saw some boils and cast at them ,BANG ,ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZing

great fun on Bream gear

first fish around 60 cm's so back it went

next cast i'm on again , how good is this ,similar sized King ,my left arm is starting to ache

finally its Dads turn and his reel is singing , better fish me thinks

i start reeling in my line to take net duties but get smashed by a good fish , double hook up , YEE HAA

after going under Dads line and round and round Dad gets dusted on the pylons

i offer him my rod to have a go at catching a King but get busted off myself , good fish

the Kings move on and we try a drift along Kurnell for Jack

went to the middle of the Bay and drifted back towards Brighton

plenty of dropped fish , but plenty caught

more Bream ,Whiting , flatties including a nice 60 cm model i gave to Dad for his and Mums dinner

sorry no pics was too busy catching and releasing fish

Always enjoy reports from you and your dad. :thumbup:

Plenty of action and a good varied selection of fish too. I know you fish light so those kings must have been fun.

But you have to take time out for at least a few pics next time. The photos of your and your dad's catches are always worth seeing.

Great report Robeebee.

Cheers

Peter

Good Work Rob.

Nice to hear botany bay is producing some quality fish.Just a quick question and I would appreciate everyones help on this.When you guys talk about middle bay do you actually look for structures? All I seem to find is flat sandy bottom.Furthermore Bonito's, I know they hang around the heads but has anyone been successful inside the bay?

Your hellp will be much appreciated1

Regards

Victor

Good Work Rob.

Nice to hear botany bay is producing some quality fish.Just a quick question and I would appreciate everyones help on this.When you guys talk about middle bay do you actually look for structures? All I seem to find is flat sandy bottom.Furthermore Bonito's' date=' I know they hang around the heads but has anyone been successful inside the bay?

Your hellp will be much appreciated1

Regards

Victor[/quote']

yes the middle of the bay doesn't have much structure

but flat sandy bottom is great for flatties ,flounder and whiting

posted with tapatalk n97 nokia

Well Done Rob to you and your dadthumbup.gif

It's been a while since I've had the chance to get back out there but after reading your report it felt like I was out there with you.1fishing1.gif

I can't wait to get back on the water and get onto some those fish you kept pulling in.

What size jig heads were you using with the Turtlebacks?

beersmile.gifBrad