Tackle For Spinning For Bonito/kings Off The Rocks

Chalkmq

G'day all,

Can anyone recommend a good threadline /rod combo for spinning from the stones? I need a minimum retrieve ratio of 6:1 and will be using 25lb line. Any Daiwa models or Shimano would be good. I don't really want to spend over $300 if I can help it.

Cheers.

bonito/rat kings don't really need anything fancy, bigger kings and you would be looking at a completely different combo. something along the lines or an emblem pro or 4500 saltist matched to a pen big game spinfisher would be the go migh be a bit over $300 but not too many reels that have a fast retrieve that are cheap.

I spin with a saltist 4500 matched up with a 10ft Penn Spinfisher Big Game Surf rod and I love spinning with it, it's a really nice setup too.

But is the saltist itself is almost close to your budget.

If you willing to spend more i'd recommed it.

i spin with a shimano 6000 stradic matched with the penn 10ft big game surf rod and does the job nicely. might go a tad over your budget. but a cheaper option reel you could go with the penn 650 or 750ssm that option will cost a little over 200 dollars.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes i agree with all of the above three posts only i would go the 11 foot version Penn big game surf rod with a 6000 stradic fi 30 pound braid this outfit could cast 65-85gram metals an easy 100 to 120 meters in the right hands and is very light.If you shop around or wait for some on line specials you will get this set up for $300 give or take.

Cheers Spinman