Lake Lylle,

EVAN

After 5 hours in the car we finally arived at the lake it was about 8 oclock and freezing, We set up camp made a fire a few jd's later headed for bed. Up at around 6 in the morning we had a look around and realised that we had set up camp about 100m back from the water---Not where we had thought... We decided to hit the water and go for a troll flick a few lures and come back and move camp, We trolled for about 2 hours changing from tassie devils to countdowns to celtas with nothing, spoke to a couple of other boats and most had had no luck or one. we stop at a few points and just through some lures willy nilly with no luck :ranting2: getting thirsty :beersmile: we decided to head back move camp to the water and chuck a few power baits in, had 2 rods set while i played around will a powerbait wide eyed rippin shad, got 2 little hits but that was all. Was walking back up to start a fire when one of the bells on the rod went off :1clap: i race back down and grab it--- my first trout , the buggers have quite a fight on them jumping out of the water peeling line. I was using basic bream rods 6 pound fireline with 4 pound trace, and it was loads of fun.... The fist one went 37, I caught another 5 after that biggest at 46.. Just before dark i tried the fly line but there was 2 much of that blue green algi stuff covering the water. Anyway had a ball would have like to have got one on lure-- or fly but theres always next time

Cheers Evan,

ps... thanks to all for the info...

Some pics--

post-610-1116146552_thumb.jpg

post-610-1116146839_thumb.jpg

post-610-1116146874_thumb.jpg

post-610-1116147109_thumb.jpg

Cheers guys it was an awesome place, Would like to go back down there and really give the lures and fly rod a go..

Matt theres no chance you'll see this hat again-- i have instruted in my will that in case of death it is to be buried with me..

Chris, not yet converted... but keen for another session...

:1clap:  Well done Evan, glad to see you got some fish. It can be a really tough place to fish at times :( . Did you catch any browns or were they all rainbows? Cheers Troutboy.

47804[/snapback]

No browns mate, herd there hard to catch on bait.. tried fly and lures with no luck.. Have you caught them down there?

:angry2: I have caught a few there over the years but not for some time. Always got them on lures too, mostly tassies and small floating minnows and once pulled a nice fish on worms but never on powerbait. I dont know why the browns dont like it because the rainbows are all over it! :( I will have to get up there soon as the fish will be in spawning mode and congregating around the creekmouths :1clap: Cheers Troutboy

Matt theres no chance you'll see this hat again-- i have instruted in my will that in case of death it is to be buried with me..

47799[/snapback]

i thought the deal was i get you an sp jew and you hand over the luvky hat :1naughty:

or has that deal vanished :wacko:

i thought the deal was i get you an sp jew and you hand over the luvky hat :1naughty:

or has that deal vanished :wacko:

47835[/snapback]

Arrr forgot about that one-- I can't be dead without a jew on the board--- the deal stays in place--- you still going away this weekend?

Nice couple of fish there EVAN.

Lyel is certainly a top place, especially when the fish are on the chew.

'Ya got some fish too!! Well done.

Some familiar areas in those pics and as for the blue green algae, it sux big time.

The browns in the lake aren't caught as regularly as rainbows, especially when powerbait is used. From my experiences at Lyel, browns just don't seem to have a liking for powerbait.

Most of the browns I have caught in the Lake have taken Rebel crawfish in Chartreuse-Green colour on sunny days and Nest Robber, Texas Red type colours on overcast days.......this is just what seems to work for me. :biggrin2:

cheers

Hooky

Nice couple of fish there EVAN.

Lyel is certainly a top place, especially when the fish are on the chew.

'Ya got some fish too!! Well done.

Some familiar areas in those pics and as for the blue green algae, it sux big time.

The browns in the lake aren't caught as regularly as rainbows, especially when powerbait is used. From my experiences at Lyel, browns just don't seem to have a liking for powerbait.

Most of the browns I have caught in the Lake have taken Rebel crawfish in Chartreuse-Green colour on sunny days and Nest Robber, Texas Red type colours on overcast days.......this is just what seems to work for me. :biggrin2: 

cheers

Hooky

47863[/snapback]

Cheers hooky, thanks again for the info mate hope i can do the same for you one day!!

Cheers Evan, :beersmile:

Arrr forgot about that one-- I can't be dead without a jew on the board--- the deal stays in place--- you still going away this weekend?

47836[/snapback]

sweeeeet :1clap:

yeah, thats the plan. head down for sat night only. i think the shoal jews will be firing :yahoo:

when you getting down?