Botany Bay Landbase Kingie's

triton07

Hi All,

I'm new to forum & my first fishing report.

Yep, I can tell ya that those King's are out there for sure. Yesterday morning I went fishing at Yarra Bay (Prince of Wales Drive, Port Botany) landbased from the concrete pylons. I was flicking plastic slagos & landed 2 Kingies :yahoo: , one measuring 68cm & the other a rat at 55cm, both released.

Have hooked Kingies from a boat but yesterday was my first experience caught from landbase :yahoo: , only disadvantage is that they try to cut your line when heading towards a sharp rock, so need have a tuff line setup.

Sadly I did not take my camera with me to take any photo's, but will be back these days at same spot to try once again & hopefully hook another nice King to take that great photo.

Cheers

Triton

:1welcomeani: Triton

Nice work getting a couple of kings landbased. :thumbup:

What gear were you using?

Don't forget the camera next time.

Cheers

Peter

Thanks Peter. The gear I used was an Okuma Reel / 8 Foot Ugly stick rod, 20lb line, sluggo's (white), no leader with a size 2 ball sinker.

Botany Bay seems to be on fire with bait fish feeding, allot of fish appearing on top of water.

Camera is now charged & in my fishing bag, all ready. Now just need to pick a day to get out there.

Cheers :biggrin2:

Triton

Thanks Peter. The gear I used was an Okuma Reel / 8 Foot Ugly stick rod, 20lb line, sluggo's (white), no leader with a size 2 ball sinker.

Botany Bay seems to be on fire with bait fish feeding, allot of fish appearing on top of water.

Camera is now charged & in my fishing bag, all ready. Now just need to pick a day to get out there.

Cheers :biggrin2:

Triton

Nice. Btw, i heard my fren said it's quite dangerous there and you might fall into those concrete. You think it's safe?

Nice. Btw, i heard my fren said it's quite dangerous there and you might fall into those concrete. You think it's safe?

Yes, it can be dangerous falling in those deep holes, but I don’t think it’s as bad as going rock fishing with huge waves smashing nearby.

All you need to make sure is that you have a good pair of grip shoes, be light with your fishing gear and balance. I don’t recommend it for young kids & make sure there is another person with you.

I recommend you check the place out before fishing & see if it’s a place for you to fish.

Cheers

Triton

Yes, it can be dangerous falling in those deep holes, but I don’t think it’s as bad as going rock fishing with huge waves smashing nearby.

All you need to make sure is that you have a good pair of grip shoes, be light with your fishing gear and balance. I don’t recommend it for young kids & make sure there is another person with you.

I recommend you check the place out before fishing & see if it’s a place for you to fish.

Cheers

Triton

Thanks for info, Triton :) I'll try next week. Do they have any gate there? What time you reckon is the best?