Breaking In New Rod

70%ludite

Ended up getting a new tcurve flight and paired it up with a sustain 2500 with 4lb braid and was looking at using it for breaming.

Ended up taking it for a wading expedition this morning on the lake.Just got at a nice little creek draining out at the bottom of the tide

and started flicking out one of the new PX55s and got a tailor straight away.Then got smashed a short time later by a 50cm flatty in about

6 inches of water.All i had with me was a pair of plyers and spare pencils.Let him swim away for another day.

Decided with the tailor about i would give the maria a run as i hadnt caught anything on it and if it got swallowed it wouldnt hurt to

much.Ended up getting 3 more of them.Then switched over to my old faithfull attack yellow nw pencil.Straight away a nice little bream to start

and a great whiting about 32cm.

Then it got belted by a 55cm flatty in about 1 metre of water he had me all over the place and with a 4lb leader i was getting a bit

nervous.He came in and i could see he was lip hooked so no worries.Got the hooks out and let him swim away.Ended up with another smaller

flatty and then did the bolt over the mud flats with the tide quickly rising.

Agreat way to blood the new rod and i am very happy with it.

cheers....Roy

post-9727-086090500 1293154806_thumb.jpg

post-9727-024592700 1293155451_thumb.jpg

post-9727-085722800 1293155475_thumb.jpg

Actually the fish are on the sand bank.I need to get someone to fish with so i can get them to take some photos.

Theres only so many ways to photograph a fish on the bank or in a kayak.Maybe i need more imagination photography

was never my strong point.

cheers.....Roy

Cracker session on the new outfit....You will love that little combo....I reckon they are awesome for popper work and it will let you take on some larger eastury beasties too like jumbo tailor and and sambo's with a slighlty spec'd up leader....

I just bought myself a T-Curve 3-6 kg snapper model to replace a Daiwa Heartland that exploded into 3 pieces the other day as I tried to budge a huge ray that had almost spooled me when chasing flathead on live poddies. I can't wait to give it a run with my Stradic...all my other gear is ultra light.

Super happy with the rod it has so much power behind it.Also have one of the ian miller bream busters but its just a tad lighter.

Be hoping i can tangle with some good bream on the hard bodies soon.Had read some posts about the recoil guides but i havent had

any issues yet so keeping the fingers crossed.

cheers............Roy