Crackin Tweed Bream.

Jewhunter

G'day all.

Had a fish in the river on Thursday.

The plan was to chase a feed of whiting on poppers & then chase some flatties.

The water is very fresh atm. There were no whiting to be found & the flatties were somewhere else!!

Worked hard but still managed to score a mixed bag. ! small whiting & flatty on a blade. 3 bigeye trevs & a couple of big bream ( for the Tweed anyway!). Got a couple of smaller bream on the surface as well.

The Tweed is known to hold plenty of bream but not of any real size. In the tournies they actually downgrade the size of fish to 23cms to give anglers something to weigh. Winning bags are usually between 1.5-2kgs for 5 fish!

Scored a really nice fish of 38cm on a blade & then next cast in the same spot a 39cm fish. Must have spooked the school then as no more hits there. Both fish were fat & heavy.

Pretty happy with those two. They are my p.b's from the Tweed.

Cheers,

Grant.

Woohooo!! Congrats on pulling supersized Breambos out of the Tweed, Grant! You would have been ecstatic!!! Well done!

Many thanks for my Tshirt ......... he, he, Adventure Before Dementia ........ well spotted!!!! That is still my plan, too!!!

Lost a VERY nice bream near Slinky's houseboat today - got it away from the structure ..... and the hooks fell out!!! It felt like a 40cm at least! Good fish! LOST!! :1badmood:

Family arriving tomorrow may put a dent into my 'fishing rebirth'!! I may just have to convince them to 'try a yak'!! :biggrin2:

Cheerio

Roberta

nice Breambos mate

that boat looks the goods too

what is it ?

Thanks mate.

I've had the boat a bit over a year now & I'm very happy with her.

It's a 445 Hornet Trophy. 60 yammie 4 stroke on the back & 55lb minn kota up front. HDS 5 on the console & Humminbird tx 350 up the front.

Fully decked & carpeted with 2 livie tanks & heaps of under floor storage.

Couldn't be happier! :thumbup:

Cheers,

Grant.