Forster

luke.desylva

g'day raiders, kjust wondering if any one has fished the forster area during the christmas break. just wondering how it is fishing at the moment an d what is biting. cheers flattie slayer

Hi, Foster itself is huge area, all the lakes hold bream, whiting and flathead, in Foster the oyster leases are awsome, the beaches hold flathead, whiting bream and even snapper.

cheers Groper

Hi Flattie Slayer

The end of Dec & first half of Jan is often difficult fishing for inshore fishing, given the influx of tens of thousands of tourists into the area, most of them on the water at one stage or another of their stay! In the last few days, the main lake (from the bridge) has been taken over by small craft! Water skiers everywhere else.

If you are up VERY early or plan on fishing into the evening, you will have a better chance of getting quality fish. You can still catch within 'the paddock' but need to contend with all the small craft! Nice high morning tide over the next few days, so I hope to get out myself!!

Offshore ....... not sure!!

Good luck!!

cheers

Roberta

G'day flattie slayer,

Just got back from Forster too. Plenty of small Flatties around and I landed a couple around the 45-50 mark but didn't see any big girls.

Plenty of bream and whiting around too but you'll find it tough unless you get away from the boat traffic.

Cheers, Slinky