Stonkers!- Parra River Firing (now with piccies)

wannabefisho

I fished my mate Dougy's backyard again last night.

It was really slow to start off with being the first hour of the run-in upon arrival.

After trying various baits (including fresh yakkas, fresh chicken and taylor strips) we finally came up trumps on Mulet strips.

Dougy was the first to land a nice little 33cm Bream, then it was my turn- a nice healthy 35cm model that gave my new Tsunami 4-8kg flicker rod and Daiwa Regal 2500 a workout in close on 10lb. Dougy snared a monster fish that went 39cm and it was high 5's all round
:1yikes:
. With 3 in the bag we decided just one more fish- then I hooked a solid fish that was more weight then fight, until it realized it was in fact hooked...

zzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzz...ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzz.....
:yahoo:

The Daiwa Regal was singing and dougy had to drop all his gear to grab the net for me.

After a few tense moments and a few more short runs I had my 39.5cm Breambo safely in the bucket, and although not as chunky as Dougy's monster it was longer by all of half a cm.

WOO-HOO! STOKED!
:thumbup:

Last baits deployed and start packing up to come home, then Dougy's rod does a short dance- unknowing what we had hooked I watched as Dougy pumped and wound his little rod which was under some serious load and up came a monster Blue Swimmer Crab. Some crafty netting skills (by yours truly!) and we have a complete bag of bruisers all taken on fresh Mullet strips and 6-10lb braid/flouro leader and long shank hooks.
:1fishing1:

We got some piccies but they're on Dougy's camera- we will try to upload them later tonight if we aint too hammered... after all its NYE!

Tight lines everyone and safe NY

:beersmile:

Anthony

:)

post-12300-011421900 1294022690_thumb.jpg

post-12300-022751300 1294022713_thumb.jpg

post-12300-034670200 1294022740_thumb.jpg

post-12300-087072000 1294022764_thumb.jpg

post-12300-048106300 1294022786_thumb.jpg

Edited by wannabefisho

Good Work Anthony,

I have had a few attempts at the Parra without much luck I think Ill keep at it,

Dont drink too much!!!!

Johnny and I will be out there again next week if you are free lets meet up for a sesh,

Regards,

Nathan

Sounds good Nathan, I got your TXT so will give you a call likely monday to orgainse an outing and tee up with Johnny.

Thanks for the replies everyone I'll upload the piccies ASAP once I get them off the camera.