New Years King Fest.

Bass assassin

G'day guys,happy new years to you all!!

Just a quick little post about fishing Botany Bay today.We hit the water about 5 with plans to start at Moll point for a couple of kings,and hopefully get a mate his first.It didnt take long for him to get one to the boat,followed by a couple from myself.Another mate was having a shocker,but he did manage to get a decent lizard to the boat.As the tide started to flow out,what little action there was started to taper off,with not even a follow on our plastic.We then decided to have a crack at the Salmon school that had busting up all morning a bit further out.On closing in on the school,we realised that it was a pack of King's feeding.We stopped the motor,then all hell broke loose!!It was mayhem for a good 45 min.I finally broke my 'King on popper' duck,with 2 in 2 casts,and the other 2 blokes hooking fish on plastics.All the King's we got were rats,but still fun on light tackle!Thing's slowed up for a bit with only a few small Bonnies hooked,till we made the decision to hit the Bream up on the flats.I got a few Bream on hardbods,and a decent lizard which inhaled my lure,shredding my leader just as she slid into the net,thank god for nets!I didnt wanna loose another hardbod,having lost a $25 lure to a solid bream a few cast beforehand. :mad3:

So 18 King's,4 Bonnies,2 lizards and 5 Bream,pretty good way to see in the new year i reckon :thumbup:

Cheer's

Adam.

G'day guys,happy new years to you all!!

Just a quick little post about fishing Botany Bay today.We hit the water about 5 with plans to start at Moll point for a couple of kings,and hopefully get a mate his first.It didnt take long for him to get one to the boat,followed by a couple from myself.Another mate was having a shocker,but he did manage to get a decent lizard to the boat.As the tide started to flow out,what little action there was started to taper off,with not even a follow on our plastic.We then decided to have a crack at the Salmon school that had busting up all morning a bit further out.On closing in on the school,we realised that it was a pack of King's feeding.We stopped the motor,then all hell broke loose!!It was mayhem for a good 45 min.I finally broke my 'King on popper' duck,with 2 in 2 casts,and the other 2 blokes hooking fish on plastics.All the King's we got were rats,but still fun on light tackle!Thing's slowed up for a bit with only a few small Bonnies hooked,till we made the decision to hit the Bream up on the flats.I got a few Bream on hardbods,and a decent lizard which inhaled my lure,shredding my leader just as she slid into the net,thank god for nets!I didnt wanna loose another hardbod,having lost a $25 lure to a solid bream a few cast beforehand. :mad3:

So 18 King's,4 Bonnies,2 lizards and 5 Bream,pretty good way to see in the new year i reckon :thumbup:

Cheer's

Adam.

Good to see the rat lord got into some fish!! 5am we were still a mess at my house haha... Good to see the Flatties aren't scaring the kings away this year :yahoo:

Edited by high_speed_metal

What poppers were you using ? I have a few and am keen to launch them at those big schools of rats that are everywhere at the moment .We have been using X-Raps and metal slugs to get amongst them . As you said , they are all around 60cm rats but great on light takle .

Cheers

Cheer's guy's!

@Bulldog..We got a lot on 6 and 4 inch plastic stick baits and poppers.

@Slink..the mid size roosta poppers did ok,but i had good fun with a large 'Walk-the-dog' style lure just ripped across the top.

@High_speed.......It was strange that when Jonesy got his flattie,all the action stopped!! Maybe that 1 lizard did scare the kings away :lol: