No Kings and a stolen downrigger!

jim77

I feel for ya Jim, im always worried about having my gear go missing when dropping off/picking up the trailer but fortunately enough i use a private ramp and the risk is minimised. I'd hate to have the Stella's/T Curves end up in some low lifes hands.

Can't believe how low these scumbags can go! They're not fisho's. That sux big time. Hope when he uses it, the bomb snags up and tips the boat and he becomes fish food! I fish solo heaps and to think while i'm walking to my car some wanker is making himself at home to my hard earned! Makes me so efffing mad!

Thanks for all of the support guys.

The downrigger was a Scotty 1050.

I have removed the attached rod holder.

It is respooled with 200lb Colour change braid.

The most distinctive thing (if the perpetrator doesn't change it) is the attachment to the bomb. At the terminal end of the braid i have put a 8" length of plastic tubing to protect the braid and also make it easier to grab and pull into the boat.

It had a very beaten up 8lb cannonball bomb on it.

They obviously weren't able to remove the mounting plate so whomever stole it may well have had to rig up some other contraption if they wish to use it. (probably too cheap skate to buy a mounting base!)

Keep your eyes peeled - if you see anything suspicious don't do anything stupid (unless you really want to biggrin2.gif) - just make a note of the boat/car rego and a description of the boat and owner and pass it on to me. I have a pretty good idea of the boat but i don't want to post anything that maybe defamatory without being 100% sure.

As others have said, i have no doubt that sooner or later i will see the downrigger attached to another boat. Sooner would be good though...

You serious Jim77?

You had your life threatened over another fishing matter? Over fishing?!? There must be some real low life's around your area, you should come over to gods country, the north shore ;)

mate nsw south coast is gods country.north shore is great but still sydney

Here is an idea to think about. Why don't all Raiders purchase a sticker for their boat so that we can all recognise one another, strike up a conversation at the ramp and keep an eye on one anothers gear in these situations? I know it won't eliminate the problem but it might just reduce the number of these incidents and piss these thieving scumbags off when they are accosted by decent law abiding citizens like Jim.

Kel