Slinky gets Skeeterised

While staying up at Forster for a couple weeks at christmas I fished hard getting on the water most days by 4.30am and arriving at my spots at the sun was rising trying to get into some surface action . The first few days around the moon fished really slow and were testing on my patience . But couple days after the moon it all started to happen and I began to catch fish in good numbers and size. Slinky had alerted me to the fact that he would be in Forster over chrissy and organised to jump on my boat for a day out bream fishing .

Picked him up nice and early then proceeded to the first spot of the day where we both quickly boated some fish on topwter lures , Slinky picked up his PB on surface so I was really happy for him . It was a nice fish but I had been catching some bigger models and was hopeful that this would be the case for us later on in the day . Then all of the sudden the weather changed and I took him to my spot x at light speed with high hopes and a sneaky grin on my face . We arrived and straight away Slinky had hits and then a fish on surface and as we drifted over the spot it all came together , I was getting them on shallow divers and they were quality fish when the conditions changed again I threw the surface lure out and got myself a nice photo worthy model . Slinky was having a ball in the overcast conditions and we continued to score quite a few fish between us and have a good laugh as well . Slinky mentioned he wanted to get a flathead for his Mrs so I took him to a fav spot and he picked up a good fish within mins so he was smiling again nowing he could go home with a feed as we had put all the bream back that we caught throughout the day . Really enjoyed fishing with Slinky , he was good for a laugh and I could tell he was enjoying himself from the massive smile which came across his face on every hit he got . We had caught plenty and it was time for me to get back , so I drove Slinky back to his floating home and then proceeded to take his girls for a spin in the boat which they seemed to enjoy . So when I find my camera cable i will upload the photo's to complete the story .

Bubba

Edited by Dan BUBBA Frost

Yeehaa!! Look forward to seeing the Pics, Bubba!! I met up with Slinky after he'd been out with you & the smile was STILL on his dial!! He had a blast of a time on your skeeter!!

Well done on your good bag of fish! Awesome when a plan comes together!! :yahoo::thumbup:

Cheerio

Roberta

But wait theres more

post-10942-046500700 1294794348_thumb.jpgpost-10942-071324700 1294794372_thumb.jpgpost-10942-044653500 1294794394_thumb.jpgpost-10942-075056200 1294794529_thumb.jpg

This was the biggest bream I have caught so far , thought I hooked a school jew just from the first run , I fish a light drag and was using a shallow spool reel and had lost some line off the reel earlier in the day , so I was almost spooled by this fish and had Mick chasing it on the electric for me , couldn't beleive it when it came up and I saw a Bream , it looked like something you would catch off an inshore reef , anyhow here it is .post-10942-027065700 1294794423_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dan BUBBA Frost

I had a fantastic session on the water with you mate.

The Skeeter is a weapon and so is its driver!! :biggrin2:

With some pointers and sneaky surveillance of Bubba's approach to catching fish I think I learned more in that one session that all my previous bream luring outings combined. I was catching a steady, if not fast, stream of fish and I was happy as a pig in muck. Bubba must have outfished me 3 or 4 to 1 and he was taking it really casually... there's a reason he does well in tournaments.

Little Slinky still keeps talking about the ride in the 'rocket boat'. They didn't lose their grins for hours.

Thanks for a great morning and from my wife for pointing me at her dinner :thumbup: :thumbup:

Cheers, Slinky

WOW!! Stonker breambos, Bubba!! Well done!! Gotta get back into them again after the visitors have left - the lake is like a washing machine with all the fizz boats around just now in The Paddock & Breck Channel!!

Cheerio

Roberta

Dan,

Those are monster bream for surface lures. Can only imagine the surface explosion and screaming drag something of that size can make.

Looks like Slinky had a great time too and learnt a few things in the process.

Top report.

pmak

Bloody unreal Bubba!! :yahoo:

They are some crackin bream as usual.

Slinky was stunned when you said it would be perfect when it was blowing 20-30 knots! :1yikes:

Even more gobsmacked by your driving & the fishing that followed. :biggrin2:

I'm really glad that you guys enjoyed fishing together.

I can't wait until I can be there as well.

It looks like you've been to my barber as well. :074:

Great stuff. :thumbup:

Cheers,

Grant.