Land Based Botany Bay 11-12/01/11

johnnyboy

Hey Guys,

Headed out fishing today and yesterday in botany bay landbased along the shore trying a few of my regular spots.

Little dissapointed with results, lot of stingrays present hooked over 20+ on both days. Will be heading out to

buy some more hooks lol.

11.1.11 - 2 whiting 2 bream and a flounder

Bait used prawns and yabbies.

post-9794-041998900 1294805084_thumb.jpg

12.1.11 - Awful conditions strong winds really unpleasent to be fishing today only stayed for an hour or so.

2 Whiting 1 Bream 1 Tarwhine 1 blue swimmer crab

Bait Used Yabbies, Prawms, Chicken

The whiting measured a tad over 46cm

post-9794-014694400 1294805705_thumb.jpg

Did also head out on saturday the 8th Jan 2011 fir 5 whiting all on bloodworms but no pics to share.

Regards,

John

Hey Guys,

Headed out fishing today and yesterday in botany bay landbased along the shore trying a few of my regular spots.

Little dissapointed with results, lot of stingrays present hooked over 20+ on both days. Will be heading out to

buy some more hooks lol.

11.1.11 - 2 whiting 2 bream and a flounder

Bait used prawns and yabbies.

post-9794-041998900 1294805084_thumb.jpg

12.1.11 - Awful conditions strong winds really unpleasent to be fishing today only stayed for an hour or so.

2 Whiting 1 Bream 1 Tarwhine 1 blue swimmer crab

Bait Used Yabbies, Prawms, Chicken

The whiting measured a tad over 46cm

post-9794-014694400 1294805705_thumb.jpg

Did also head out on saturday the 8th Jan 2011 fir 5 whiting all on bloodworms but no pics to share.

Regards,

John

Top catch... i usually fish the shorelines of the bay as well but with varied success, I usually fish off the Kurnell side beach and Groynes.... that Whiting is beast well done. Where abouts were you fishing (if you dont mind sharing)...

Top catch... i usually fish the shorelines of the bay as well but with varied success, I usually fish off the Kurnell side beach and Groynes.... that Whiting is beast well done. Where abouts were you fishing (if you dont mind sharing)...

Along the beach of ramsgate. Pretty much along there off the groynes or beach.

If you flick a few plastics of the beach around ramsgate you will get some flatties. I was passing the time on boxing day afternoon and landed 4 legal flatties in the space of 2 hours on a rising tide.

good luck.

Mate looks great, i have never had any luck along here, I used to go off the end of the rock walls, without success. Just changed SP's recently to squidgy wrigglers, keep getting hit but not hooking so must be the little pests.

keep it up.

• 5 years later...