Port Hacking sat15 jan

hookerbruce

Hi

Decided on fri to have a fish sat morn so hooked up the tinny. The wind kept blowing

and at midnight was howling. That was good and bad. Good because not as many boats would be

out, bad it could be too windy. I decided to stay in the river.

Sat morning the wind had gone but it was heavy overcast and light rain. Discourage a few more boats maybe.

Hit the ramp just after six and went straight to Mainbar to pump nippers. The rain got heavier

so on with the wet weather gear, pumped about 30 then back in the boat to fish the flats where I

was until the rain eased. Dropped a large whiting next to the boat when the hook pulled, not happy.

Then had a steady stream of bream,flounder, mullet and small whiting most around legal but not worth keeping.

Did manage 1 keeper whiting.

Pumped some more nippers and moved up to Lilli Pilli, anchored on a favorite whiting spot, threw out an unweighted

nipper and was on before I could bait the second line. A bream just over legal, hooked cleanly back he went.

For the next hour & half it was fish after fish, nearly all bream, plus a couple of long toms and smaller whiting.

Kept some of the bream that were hooked badly and bleeding released heaps. Did keep a blue swimmer, a nice whiting

and a couple of the larger bream.

Finally gave into the temptation of surface fish and went and cast lures on the 2kg outfit I'd been using for bream.

Could see tailor and bonnies chasing the bait fish and after 5 mins finally had a hook up on a small metal.

Not what I was expecting this thing took of big time, took heaps of line and just didn't know when to give in.

Ended up fighting it between the channel marker and the baths not a very wide channel. Had to keep manouvring the boat so boats could get past, as on my own. Finally got to see it A King. Took 10-12 mins to land on 2kg mono and not quite legal

went 63cm probably could have bent the tail back a bit but was still healthy so back it went.

Went on to catch a few tailor and a couple of good bonnies, then back at the ramp by 12.

Best two bream kept went 37 and 39 cm.

I had a great day.

post-6756-015407900 1295159504_thumb.jpg

post-6756-034386100 1295159556_thumb.jpg