How to make holes on the rock

Fish2day

Hi all,

I found a good rock fishing spot, but I have been spoiled by some spots where there are holes on the rock to park my rods.

This new spot has none of these holes so I was thinking about making a couple of them.

I have no idea when and by who the holes were made at the spots I've fished. So,I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to make one.

A couple of ideas I have is to drill/chissel or use strong acid *maybe not*... but can anyone advise?

Thanks in advance.

A cordless drill is futile tried it Sydney sandstone particuarly those on low ledges is hard, many years ago all along the Sydney Coast you would find numerous stakes at known low ledges North Maroubra a classic example it had three and was affectionately and still is known as the Stakes, the holes were made by taking a portable generator and a big hammer drill the type that can bore a two inch hole construction type stuff this same technique are those rod holders!

cordeless hammer drill thats what i use! dewalt do a really good one ive drilled a few and use a custom stainless rod holder that fits in my bag with the drill works a treat

post-10665-074722900 1295172313_thumb.jpg

Edited by mc fishn

Are we even allowed to make holes?

Probably not.

How about taking some Rapid set concrete and some pvc pipe,find a snag/fault line, shove the pipe in and poor in the rapid set,job done.

Someone has rapid set a big eyelet into a snag on one of the rocks That I go to,and on big sea's he ties himself to it.

Regards Stu.