first jew.... YEAAA BOYYYYY hahaha :)

grunta1984

went fishing the north shore with a few mates over the weekend! caught a few yakkas n hoiked them out.... a few hours later n a few bait changes i managed to pull in my first jewie! cant beat the feeling u get when u hear that spool screaming, pick the rod up, set the hooks n reel these beautys in! i was hooked on jew fishing before i caught my first one but now im obsessed... cant beat it!

post-16821-081032000 1296455703_thumb.jpg

thanks boys! yea it was funny we were meant to fish curl curl beach but the conditions were to bad but we were still keen to fish as we had livies onboard with us... so we headed to another spot just to wet a line and chuck out a livie not expecting anything! next minute zzzzzzzzz then zzzzzzzzzzzzz then zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz she was off! was fairly easy to bring in and turned belly up straight away! was expecting a bit more of a fight... i had no scales to weigh it but i reckon it was about 7 or 8 kgs n about n about 85 to 95 cm not 100% tho....

went fishing the north shore with a few mates over the weekend! caught a few yakkas n hoiked them out.... a few hours later n a few bait changes i managed to pull in my first jewie! cant beat the feeling u get when u hear that spool screaming, pick the rod up, set the hooks n reel these beautys in! i was hooked on jew fishing before i caught my first one but now im obsessed... cant beat it!

Nice work mate, that's a special fish ;).

Cheers,

Spizza

Nice catch there! ive had a bit hit when I was fishing where you were. It nearly pulled my rod into the water. Luckily I caught it in time. I think it must of been a Jewie or something big because I had a live yakka on it. That spot seems to be producing lately.