Bait Tank query

greg123

Hi Raiders,

I was just wondering if anyone could quickly tell me if they know where to get those large buckets with screw on lids (about 40L i think) that most people seem to use as livey tanks when they're making a homemade livey system.

I'm fairly sure this question has been asked before but I couldn't seem to find the right topic from a couple of years ago.

If anyone else has any other suggestions (that are fairly cheap) that would be a great help.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks!

That's exactly what I was talking about. :thumbup:

Cheers for the quick reply, I need to finish my livey tank project before the weekend.

Hey mate I got mine off flea bay, you can pick it up for $22 from Blacktown:

Just type this in search: Rain Water Tank 60L Heavy Duty Drum Beer Container

Edited by rumz

Hey mate I got mine off flea bay, you can pick it up for $22 from Blacktown:

Just type this in search: Rain Water Tank 60L Heavy Duty Drum Beer Container

Thanks for the help mate, unfortunately I was planning on a dollie sesh the day after I posted that so headed to the homebrew store after work and picked one up for 75 bucks...oh well works perfectly and is still much cheaper than the 200 dollar alternatives in some boating stores

• 3 weeks later...

Those drums work well, but can be hard to keep upright in a decent sea.

Tim, I've made a base for the drum and have the drum strapped to the gunnel. So far has been very solid as the stern doesnt move around that violently in swell and the lid is rubber sealed to prevent any splashes. Also I've made it so the overflow is at about 50L so thats about 50kg of weight creating friction between the base and the deck so that stops the bottom sliding around at all (so far).

My only complaint is the space it takes up on my deck but I guess given the choice between this or paying 600+ dollars for a custom made space efficient one I'd stick with my current set-up.

Cheers

If you can't find one of them, I made mine from a small Wheelie bin you can pick up from "a really cheap auto" store.$12 i think.

It seems to work well for me tied down on swim deck.

Dave

Yeah they work well, here is one i made up for a fellow raider mate.

post-12234-087660200 1300966596_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...