What gear have you lost?

locodave

The other day I went fishing down south with a friend. Unfortunately I didn't bring my reef anchor and was using my sand anchor to hold me down. The anchor was stuck, I managed to tie it around the front cleat of the boat and manouevre it but no go. Eventually the cleat snapped. Had to cut the rop and the anchor...oh well, not that bad.

Later on that day we finally began catching some kings. I had a rod out on the deck, but tucked in the corner with a slab of pike on it as bait. Helping my friend bring in his trevally when I hear a bang against the aluminium, two bangs and it was gone. I was about to dive in, so close to jumping in, but I almost felt like something telling me not to do it. I'm pretty sure it was a King, I heard they like pike.

Was so angry for the rest of the day :ranting2:

Still not over it haha, but I have to let it go, have no choice :biggrin2: But what about the poor fish? Hope he isn't swimming with a rod behind him for long, will it snap off eventually?

Mate feel your pain...

Was fishing under the Road Bridge in the HAwkesbury one night when my mate was onto a fish i put my rod into the holder to get the net for him, only thing was i missed the holder in the rush for the net and rod went over.... A lazy $500 over board....

that was about 2 years ago now and still not over it...

Can't even blame anyone!

Yep I feel it too.

trolling through a school of salmon just of Cronulla & got a multi hook up 4 on and only three of us on board, with all of us busy already the 1 rod left in the holder was an 80LB trolling rod + OKuma Titus Gold 50W, the rod snapped just below the reel and all I could see was $$$$ going over the side leaving me with not quiet enough of the rod but to hit myself with.

Lost many anchors while squiding and on Australia day lost the rod holder, Fluger rod with a penn 950ss attached to it. There were two of us fishing with 4 rods in the soup, Quadruple hook up on kings and we just couldnt attend to all rods and off she snapped lol. Funny thing was after 5 mins caught another king which tangled itself in the line of the overboard rod, my old man started putting it up with rod and king still attached. As the rod came in sight from the bottom the kingy took off and told my old man not to grab the braid when it runs and with all the braid in the boat it caught a metal edge and lost it a second time LMAO...Spewing but laughed our heads off PS If anyone is into diving Sugar loaf moorings, claim your fee rod and reel lol

ive lost 2 anchors (both sand anchors) in the hawkesbury and i lost another reef anchor in the harbour near the wedding cakes. the wierdest thing happenend. we were anchored for about 2 hours then all of a sudden i hear a doink! and the boat starts drifting away. i pulled the anchor rope in the actual achor was gone only rope and chain left? im assuming the shackle gave way or unscrewed. thats why i weld them now!!

Also one time i lost a beer overboard...worst day of my life :beersmile::(

About 3 year's Ago I was fishing at the Rocks in Bellambi out near the Gong,

Fished the whole afternoon in the Heat was burnt did not catch anything worth keeping and when I am walking back I hear the Sound of my Keys and splash lost the lot spent about 1 hour and a half trying to locate them without any luck ended up being the worst fishing experience I ever had!!!

I am yet to loose a rod but I feel my keys qualifies as it put me in the red around $400 which is what you would pay for some decent gear!!!

Regards,

Nathan

Two weeks ago we was at Lobster beach when this bloke jumps out of his boat,runs up to us and asked to borrow the kids swimming goggles as he had just lost a $700.00 combo over board.He only looked for 5 mins then gave up.So keep an eye open between half tide rocks and Lobster beach as there is a nice unit down there,,,,,,somewere.

Never lost a rod (touch wood) but many years ago my grandfather lost one at Tuross only to meet a bloke at the ramp who had landed a bream tangled in a line that had another bream on the end and Pops rod on the other end.

A couple of weeks ago I was fishing the Hacking in the rain trying to land a Tailor. The fish dived at the last minute, I followed with the net and promptly dropped it.

I have also lost a couple of lures in trees but we won't talk about that.

Dave

Out fishing with Ralph a couple of weeks ago when that big gale blew up...

Ralphs twinpower 2500 and a raider 3-6Kg rod blown, yes literally BLOWN out of the holder before we could catch it!

Between the western moorings just east of the Moons...

Spent 2 hours dragging jigs acroos the bottom on heavy outfits trying to retrieve it.

If anyone drags up a nice outfit there let us know as there may be some $$ in it!

Cheers

Chris

A few year back got a great pair of sunnie's from America, showed some guys before going for a fish had the on my head for 5 mins, turned the speed up on the boat and woooosh of they went into the drink $300us down the river. :thumbdown::mad3::1wallbash::1crybaby::1crybaby:

Stella 6000

Stella 2500

Moerthan Branzino 3000

Custom Loomis 12-20lb rod

Ian Miller Bay Buster 4-8kg Rod

Ian Miller Bream Buster Rod

One Titelok Rod Holder

About 20 pairs of braid scissors

30 packets of smokes

15 lighters

I was waiting for you to reply Chris! :biggrin2:

Ian

Stella 6000

Stella 2500

Moerthan Branzino 3000

Custom Loomis 12-20lb rod

Ian Miller Bay Buster 4-8kg Rod

Ian Miller Bream Buster Rod

One Titelok Rod Holder

About 20 pairs of braid scissors

30 packets of smokes

15 lighters

You take the title! How did you lose all that?

Two years back i was spinning off the rocks out at Kurnell with a family frined and lost a diving lure to a snag right in front of us, oh well. 30min later this guy snags on the same section of weed/rock but this time after a few minutes off pulling the lure comes free, what was amazing though was that when it came up it had the first lure hooked through one of the split rings so ended up with both lures back. Definitley a one in a million that one.

R