sick of losing bearing budies

oz_brett

Hi raiders

Just thought I would share with you my latest brain wave working or not!

I have lost countless bearing buddies over the years and getting rather sick of buying replacements so I am trying to keep them on with by tying the dust cover the the hub.

I have drilled a hole in the center of the dust cover so that I can keep up maintinence and with a hot pin melted a small hole in the sides to allow for some fishing line to tie to.

I then removed the wheel running the line from the dust cover between the wheel and the Hub

post-8167-091005700 1298102387_thumb.jpg

I do hope this keeps them a little longer.

Brett

Edited by oz_brett

If it does work I think it is a great idea... But I have never lost one ever???.. are you sure they are going all the way on? But , I guess if you have replaced quite a few you must have got at least one on properly.. good luck mate

Good Idea but the only thing that worries me is the salt water will enter the dust cap through the hole you have made and be able to sit against the bearing buddy and possibly seep into your bearings.

Just a thought that it may lead to other problems.

I also have never heard of these coming off the trailer!! will have to keep a close eye on them.

Hope it works for you

Good point about the water sitting in the dust cap, actually the last set that I bought was the cheaper set "plastic with no dust cap" I have also run metal ones for long periods of time with out a cap.

I find that I lose them after replacing wheel the bearings Im not sure but I think its caused by removal & replacing them.