Land Based Area's

BiG_G

Hello Raiders

I've been fishing for 2 months now, i'm fairly new, not that good but would like to try area's that have nice fish and are edible, want to feed the family some fresh fish, not the fishing shop kind. I know how to basically do everything except i don't know any good area's, can anyone help? Either public or private message. (If you do send a PM, i can guarantee i won't leak your area)

Thanks all

Plenty of areas that are within 40 min drive of u mate, georges river, cooks river, molli point, Clifton gardens, huntleys point wharf, pier 2, gladesville bridge, balls head.. Just do a search either on this site for landbased areas or google it, I've just listed some of the better known spots for ya but it's all about just going out and searching out your own little slice of heaven... I rock or beach fish pretty much exclusively, so I'm not much help to ya, but as I said if your ever keen to go rock hopping throw me a pm, I've got extra gear and all the terminals plus a couple extra pfd's and some extra slip on cleats.... But surely there's guys on here who can steer you in the right direction, just state what you wanna fish for...

well if you want to try off some safe rocks

drive down to palm beach park on the pittwater side and follow the track around the west side of the headland

some nice big rocks looking north into the heads but well protected from the swells

take a good light some food and drinks and make an evening of it

toss some gang pillys or such out with a strongish rig

you never know what ull get

landed plenty of tailor/rays /sharks and have lost plenty of big mofos

good chance of salmon and kings maybe even a nice jewie

Edited by mtcolah

There you go Pier 2.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Sydney+NSW&aq=&sll=-33.858442,150.953178&sspn=0.213255,0.325127&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Sydney+New+South+Wales&ll=-33.854807,151.206862&spn=0.006665,0.01016&t=h&z=17

You will see the wharf with "Wharf Theatres" on top of building. Walk all the way towards end and you will see people fish there. Try to avoid weekend lol. You won't have space to fish as some people stay overnight to fish. I went there 3 weeks ago on Sat morning. There were this big group of people with 10-20 rods Lol.

Guest Aussie007

if your leaning to fish u might be best off heading to boat ramps elsewhere and fish off of the wharfs i havent been to the piers in many years probably 20 years and im only 30 however it use to get packed with people and even back than i had an old women having a go at me for casting my line out memories lol anywhere close to the CBD is usually packed with fisherman and fisher women if u goto places like port hacking, botany bay,pittwater just to name a few u will get nights u will be the only two people on the wharf once your started up and running and decide to keep on taking up the sport than venture into other types of fishing for me i mostly enjoy kicking back on a wharf with mates having a relaxing fish or fishing from my boat other guys love going deep sea fishing pulling in a marlin others like fishing off the rocks i think its still early stages u need to wet your toes first if u need any fishing spots send me a PM and let me know how far your willing to travel i will give u addresses of good spots and types of fish caught there what bait to use etc..

If you're looking for a feed of fresh fish you're better off avoiding eating fish caught west of the Sydney Harbour bridge and the Cooks river which has contaminated sediment from industrial waste even though the water appears to look clean. There a signs posted up at these areas to warn anglers, although some people choose to ignore those warnings.

Tom Uglys Bridge, Clifton gardens, Balmoral, Kurnell groynes, Dolls point, La perouse and the end of port botany can be productive areas to try.