Georges River to Botany Bay

flhayabusa

Hi All,

I have just recently aquired a boating licence and plan to launch out first time this weekend @ Lansvale/Chipping Norton Georges river.

This may be a dumb question but, Will i be able to ride out the river all the way to Botany Bay on low tide aswell?.

Thanks appreciate all replies.

Teo

Hi All,

I have just recently aquired a boating licence and plan to launch out first time this weekend @ Lansvale/Chipping Norton Georges river.

This may be a dumb question but, Will i be able to ride out the river all the way to Botany Bay on low tide aswell?.

Thanks appreciate all replies.

Teo

Yes mate, Just make sure you follow all the navigation markers, particularly from the Deepwater Motorboat Club through to Kelso beach as there is shallow water with dangerous rockey reefs either side out the from there. Also mind the speed restrictions as Maritime may be out on patrol.

I may be launching there or nearby too at some stage over the weekend

Musty

Guest Aussie007

if you put your boat in at lansvale what ever u do dont go strait out into the lake from the boat ramp instead head left down along the channel than out into the lake as criminals pinch cars and drive them into the water and as u go in between the two island right across from the boat ramp u will hit a sunken car its been there for a while its just under the water i found out the hard way and so have other people

hey brother, as other people have said yeah you can at low tide, i do from sandy point, but as someone else said, stay within the channel markers at low tide, at some point you will see how shallow, sandy it is just outside the markers and please " dont be tempted to cut across the markers". Lastly take a shitload of fuel brother, long trip ( I have an old 70 johnson and went through about 30 L there and back.

hey brother, as other people have said yeah you can at low tide, i do from sandy point, but as someone else said, stay within the channel markers at low tide, at some point you will see how shallow, sandy it is just outside the markers and please " dont be tempted to cut across the markers". Lastly take a shitload of fuel brother, long trip ( I have an old 70 johnson and went through about 30 L there and back.

Hey Mate

Its a long way to botany from there your better off going to Georges river National park End of river rd as there is only one area u cant speed

Cheers

Phil

How long does the run from here to Botany Bay take ? Ive never attempted it because i couldnt stand all the 4knt zones.

Edited by Macnaz

Guest Aussie007

only 30L that is a good run on fuel there and back for a 3 cylinder 70hp engine