Anyone Up To Go Out On A Boat, Or hire One?

Hey Raiders,

Im keen to go out for a fish this weekend and I wanted to do a boat fish. Im usually doing landbased sessions as I dont have a boat yet and I was hoping maybe someone was goin out this weekend, I wouldnt mind helping with cost's and cleaning of the boat afterwards and also some drinks and what not !! Or if not, I was wondering if anyone was interested in hiring a boat, as in one of the bigger boats not a tinny so we can do some real fishing. There around the $400 mark for the day so 4 - 6 people interested can split the cost effectively meaning we all pay less than $100 each for a good day on the water !!

Please let me know if anyone is up for this, cause im keen as I want to get out on a boat and do proper fishing. Did a charter this weekend and it was just bottom bashing crap, need to upgrade !!

WHOS INTERESTED LETS DO THIS!!!

Cheers raiders,

jez

Edited by Fezza
non sponsor link removed.

Hi Jez

How are you

I think You have not seen the weather yet. It is not looking good. If you Get someone to take you it should be fine. But do not hire a boat as you ill not be able to do much in such a bad weather.

I will call you as soon as it is a good day and I am going Out.

Thanks

BigKing.

Hi Jez

How are you

I think You have not seen the weather yet. It is not looking good. If you Get someone to take you it should be fine. But do not hire a boat as you ill not be able to do much in such a bad weather.

I will call you as soon as it is a good day and I am going Out.

Thanks

BigKing.

Yeah i think the weather is the only thing i havent checked. Doesnt look to be too good aye ! So i dont think the hiring of a boat would be the best idea either. But I still wanna get out on the water this weekend for a good fish. Getting sick of jumping on board charters to only catch jackets and just legal flatties. Catch bigger flatties from land lol ! But yeah mate when you do head out please let me know and ill be definetly up for it.

Cheers mate,

Jez

Hey Jez, just be aware that some places you hire boats from have restrictions on how far out you can go and some wont allow you to take them out of "line of sight" from the boat hire shop- and some of the larger vessels you refer to require for you to have a fully licensed driver as insurance premiums for driving a boat unlicensed are very high.

My suggestion is to do your homework well before you organise a trip- if you get there without doing the required investigations you might be very disappointed on how far you are able to travel in a single day or wiorst case scenario is the may refuse you to hire the baot if you dont have a license or dont have someone on baord who has a license.

Either way hope you manage to get on a boat one day and brain em

Tight lines

Anthony

Edited by wannabefisho

Hey Jez, just be aware that some places you hire boats from have restrictions on how far out you can go and some wont allow you to take them out of "line of sight" from the boat hire shop- and some of the larger vessels you refer to require for you to have a fully licensed driver as insurance premiums for driving a boat unlicensed are very high.

My suggestion is to do your homework well before you organise a trip- if you get there without doing the required investigations you might be very disappointed on how far you are able to travel in a single day or wiorst case scenario is the may refuse you to hire the baot if you dont have a license or dont have someone on baord who has a license.

Either way hope you manage to get on a boat one day and brain em

Tight lines

Anthony

Yeah the particular boats im after have a distance of 2-3nm offshore ! So im guessing that would be 2-3nm past the head!! Im hoping anyways so ill find out in more detail, but only if I can people to join me. Dont exactly wanna pay $400+ just to get myself out on the water lol, id rather have a crew to get out there with. Yeah when it comes to licensing, I got my boat license about 2 weeks ago so it shouldnt be an issue in that part. Only thing would be how far out I could take it, which I didnt really think about before. I was thinkin 2-3nm from the head should be plenty of room to troll lures, but then again Ive never done it so yeah thanks for bringing that up mate, saves me just running straight out there and hiring something I got no clue about ! But im sure its 2-3nm so would that be efficient ammount of space out wide to troll lures?

Also if anyone is still interested let me know,

Cheers raiders,

Jez

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah the particular boats im after have a distance of 2-3nm offshore ! So im guessing that would be 2-3nm past the head!! Im hoping anyways so ill find out in more detail, but only if I can people to join me. Dont exactly wanna pay $400+ just to get myself out on the water lol, id rather have a crew to get out there with. Yeah when it comes to licensing, I got my boat license about 2 weeks ago so it shouldnt be an issue in that part. Only thing would be how far out I could take it, which I didnt really think about before. I was thinkin 2-3nm from the head should be plenty of room to troll lures, but then again Ive never done it so yeah thanks for bringing that up mate, saves me just running straight out there and hiring something I got no clue about ! But im sure its 2-3nm so would that be efficient ammount of space out wide to troll lures?

Also if anyone is still interested let me know,

Cheers raiders,

Jez

Hey mate

Put me down for two places when youre ready.

Hey mate, at that price you would be better off doing a charter on the harbour. Will catch some good kings and anything else your after... 1000 times better than the offshore bottom bouncing charters it sounds like you have been on!!