Stradic 2500fi Maintenance

Hey everyone. I've got a stradic 2500fi and i've had it for about a year now and absolutely love it. Recently i've noticed that its a bit rough, and quite noisy. Every time i use the reel i lock up the drag and give it a light wash off with the hose at the end of the day. I've also recently oiled everything.

Just wondering why it would be going so noisy and rough and how i could fix this?

Thanks for the help.

Ive sent the reel in for repair. I noticed that the drag clicker was starting to not work properly, every so often it would stop clicking while taking line then the drag would go sloppy?? Be intresting to see what the problem is.

Also opened up the real and was clean as brand new.

Keep ya posted in a week or so.

Jono.

Hi jonathon,

Just a quick reply from my mobile while I'm sitting in my car hiding from the rain in Yamba... Its very likely to be problems with one or more of the bearings but the only way to know is for you to have someone look at it properly. At the very least it's probably going to need a strip down and service.

Cheers, Slinky

• 2 months later...

Got the reel back 6 weeks + later with the problem being a seized line roller bearing. Supposedly it was my fault that it happened so they charged me 40 odd dollars, gotta love a 10 year warrenty thumbdown.gif Never mind i thoroughly wash down all my tackle right down to the last swivel.

Got bored waiting and i was ready to buy another outfit for the season. Was going to get another stradic but went to a daiwa sol 4000 instead which as it happens leaves the stradic for dead!

But i've got my stradic back now and its brand new again! casts like a bullet, smooth as silk.

Thanks for the help

Got the reel back 6 weeks + later with the problem being a seized line roller bearing. Supposedly it was my fault that it happened so they charged me 40 odd dollars, gotta love a 10 year warrenty thumbdown.gif Never mind i thoroughly wash down all my tackle right down to the last swivel.

Got bored waiting and i was ready to buy another outfit for the season. Was going to get another stradic but went to a daiwa sol 4000 instead which as it happens leaves the stradic for dead!

But i've got my stradic back now and its brand new again! casts like a bullet, smooth as silk.

Thanks for the help

I know what you mean about warranty's, not worth the paper written on these days