Jewie and a THUMPER bream

bangus

G,day raiders its been a while (Bangus Jr talking here for today) Me and my Dad decided to go to Kissing point wharf since that we have fresh squid caught from the other day and with a good high tide a 1am so we got our jewie gear ready and one little rod for yellowtail we got there at 7pm and the wharf isnt full GOOD!. I decided to go for yellowtail as we start to rig up i caught a few as the time past by it was time to put the big rods out two rod with squid and one rod with yellowtail fillets we waited and noticed that our rods were having little tap maybe it was a bream started to check our bait finding out that there was alot of pickers chucked some new bait out again same thing two rods with squid and one rod with yellowtail fillets we waited and waited untill i was looking at the rod it was tipping i said nahh its a bream again as i turned around and ignored it i heard a ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!! :yahoo: the saltist was screaming I took the rod out of the holder and STRIKE! and the fight began pumping and winding i felt little head shakes i knew it wasnt big but it still gave a good fight after a few mins of tussling the fish got tired and in the net a little jewie :thumbup: suprised the he took the yellowtail fillets then the squid. Took a few pics and realesed it was good to feel that feeling that i havent felt in a while :biggrin2:. My dad chucked a nother a bait out as we waited the pickers was back then the rod bended over ZZZZZZZZ! YES! but Dad took the rod and STRIKE! he knew it wasnt a jewie it was fighting different seeing a HUGE bream come out of the water i was SHOCKED a THUMPER of a bream he measures 46cm :biggrin2: here is the pics Enjoy! :thumbup:

post-10205-069143400 1303612256_thumb.jpg

post-10205-005277900 1303612006_thumb.jpg

Hello team Bangus..

its always nice to meet fellow Raiders at a local fishing spot.

also nice chatting to you guys over at Kissing Point.

hope you guys end up catching that big Jewie.

and if its my Yakka that ends up catching it. I want half of that Jew. hahaha J.K

also, not trying to steal this post away from you. but this is the session I mentioned to you

about last week. forgot to show you the pic. but here it is..

post-11590-063452100 1303752407_thumb.jpg

Snag-King.

Hello team Bangus..

its always nice to meet fellow Raiders at a local fishing spot.

also nice chatting to you guys over at Kissing Point.

hope you guys end up catching that big Jewie.

and if its my Yakka that ends up catching it. I want half of that Jew. hahaha J.K

also, not trying to steal this post away from you. but this is the session I mentioned to you

about last week. forgot to show you the pic. but here it is..

post-11590-063452100 1303752407_thumb.jpg

Snag-King.

nice meeting you too snag king .thanks for the yellowtail you gave us last night caught a jewie 72cm just half an hour

you left .the livie went off and lift up 72 cm jewie everyones ther and watching and then we took a quick photo and back in the

water . if u just stayed a little bit longer i could it gave it to you . we dont eat fish at parramatta river we just catch and release

c u ther next time cheers bangus

Congratz on the catch. It is just awesome when you come out with the plan. Executing it. And ends up catching the species you're targeting. Can't wait to see some pics. Bangus jr must be very happy. Im surprise you didn't give to the other guys to your left.

And as for me. I wouldn't have taken that fish off you. 90% of my catch is usually given to family or friends. Even the last haul of squid. I'm just as happy as you are seeing the fish swim off. The thrill of catching a prize fish is only something us true fisho look forward too.

Hope to see you guys around.

Snag-King.