Glue for my rock fisihing shoes

benny81

Hello,

I have now a few pairs of runners i use at my spots, which are not slippery, and the soles are pulling/have pulled off.

I have tried Tarzan grip, tho this will not last more than two or three outings.

instead of wasting time, $ and maybe stuff up the shoes with the wrong glues, has anybody discovered a glue that will bond the soles back onto your shoes and last a while?

advice would be much appreciated.

B81.

you could try a single pack polyurethane adhesive [used for glueing timber/parquetry floors

we usually buy it in sausage form [goes in a cylinder gun]

but easy to just punch a hole in and squeeze out

not too sure whether bunnings or the like carry it

is available at flooring supply shops and possibly timber yards

Bostik and mapei are some of the brands

i know of a shop at taren point and one at brookvale/hornsby and chatswood

pm me if ya want details

due to low absorbtion you would probably want to let it set for 2 or 3 days

oh and its around $8 for 600ml enough for a dozen shoes

Edited by mtcolah

Dont waste your money or time trying to re-stick them,runners are as cheap as chips...buy some new ones and a better idea is to go and buy some rock boots with all the spikes at the bottom and you will never slip on any surface.

Cheers Stewy

Dear Chewy, thanks for the info on buying new shoes...think i was asking about glue. Anyone else feel welcome to contribute on glue for fixing my otherwise reliable and comfortable shoes?

Dear Chewy, thanks for the info on buying new shoes...think i was asking about glue. Anyone else feel welcome to contribute on glue for fixing my otherwise reliable and comfortable shoes?

Dear Penny, in future try using the very reliable and helpful search function on our board. You can usually find the answers to questions that have been asked before and thanks zook for posting a past link :thumbup:

Thanks for the constructive answers, seems a urethane mite be the go. I agree that this application is probably the extreme glue challenge Zook!

Now, Mrs S, i would be happy to take my medicine if you are able to demonstrate how searching either "glue" or "shoe" could have come up with an answer to my query, or the link that zook provided to a glue that i had otherwise no idea existed.

thanks again.

Thanks for the constructive answers, seems a urethane mite be the go. I agree that this application is probably the extreme glue challenge Zook!

Now, Mrs S, i would be happy to take my medicine if you are able to demonstrate how searching either "glue" or "shoe" could have come up with an answer to my query, or the link that zook provided to a glue that i had otherwise no idea existed.

thanks again.

I typed in rock fishing boots and came up with a whole list of posts to check through. Here is a link to a 2 page discussion on rock hopper boots CLICK HERE

If I type in "glue" there are some 143 results to troll through for answers. Ther word "shoe" returns 73 results.

If you want a demonstration on how to use the search function go to HELP and select SEARCHING POSTS AND TOPICS

The search box is found at the top right hand of this page. The HELP files are found by clicking HELP which is below your name top right of the board. Let me know if there is any further confusion and I will do my best to point you in the right direction