squiding balmoral tonight

bennoz

Hey all

got of work early ( YAY :biggrin2: ) and was at balmoral jetty tonight for 3 hours trying to catch some squid.

came up with squat. :thumbdown:

decided to come home when the jetty got packed.

Beautiful night out though which was nice. finally no rain

how was the water? was it muddy?

Jewgal, weird name by the way :1prop: I love fish, but woman that look like jewfish ?? :1yikes:

Was down at balmoral last weekend getting some livies before heading out to middle head...water was real murky and swell was mixing stuff up. The harbour I think for at least this week is out of bounds..maybe if we have little rain and the swell drops by the weekend the harbour might be ok again, but its not looking promising.... :tease:

Ocean may be the go this weekend, but as a LB angler, I am thinking of going for a short drive out of syd to reach some good ocean :thumbup:

Syd I think may be a wash out this weekend unfortunately.

the water looked fairly clear... but it was dusk and getting darker when i arrived so i didnt have the best look

ill have to wonder around and find a decent spot around there, that has some weed and structure... and no parking fees (pft 5 bucks an hour)

hey Velvet. little road trip sounds awesome but this Sunday is Mums day, and cant make sat so ill be stuck around syd. Will probabilt goto narabeen for some beach fishing on sunday morning

Hey there Pred, Yep, I'm always up for a fish...was thinking of taking off next Friday last Friday lol :1yikes: So thats a big yes, not sure what bennoz is up to, what about you?

I got the day off, but i might have some meetings in the city i need to attend to. If not im thinking of heading out towards long reef wide and do some trolling.

Or maybe down south and fish near port kembla for kings. Ive not tried there off the boat yet.

The weathers been so crap lately though and your not wrong about the harbour, the rain has washed alot of pollution into the water, you should of seen gladesville boat ramp the other day was like a dump.

I got the day off, but i might have some meetings in the city i need to attend to. If not im thinking of heading out towards long reef wide and do some trolling.

Or maybe down south and fish near port kembla for kings. Ive not tried there off the boat yet.

The weathers been so crap lately though and your not wrong about the harbour, the rain has washed alot of pollution into the water, you should of seen gladesville boat ramp the other day was like a dump.

If you want a hitchhiker for the day, I'd be up for something for sure! Anything beats dealing with Telstra week in week out! UGH!!! :ranting2:

yep - going for a beach sesh sun morning. Love beach fishing

as for Friday / weekend. Ive got no chance of taking tomorrow off - getting smashed at work and im the only one available :ranting2: Next week i reckon i could

sun morning is really the only time ive got free. outlaws coming over and staying sat night and sunday lunch for mums day

If you want a hitchhiker for the day, I'd be up for something for sure! Anything beats dealing with Telstra week in week out! UGH!!! :ranting2:

Sweet dude PM me your details and ill save you in my phone.

Yeah work is crazy right now, all our ATM, eftpos etc went down this morning and its had a chain effect across the wholoe orginisation

Sweet dude PM me your details and ill save you in my phone.

Yeah work is crazy right now, all our ATM, eftpos etc went down this morning and its had a chain effect across the wholoe orginisation

Hahahaha, I used to be on that account when I worked for IBM lol :1prop:

Now working for Foxtel and dealing with telstra CDN stuff daily, my head hurts :tease:

pulled up a few times now at balmoral whalf on the boat to catch livies and rat kings come up to your hand when you put burly in the water

freaks the hell out of you, but good fun

whats the situation with the kings in sydney?? they gone still there??

Hey all

got of work early ( YAY :biggrin2: ) and was at balmoral jetty tonight for 3 hours trying to catch some squid.

came up with squat. :thumbdown:

decided to come home when the jetty got packed.

Beautiful night out though which was nice. finally no rain

Hi Bennoz

You may have seen me i was in the boat about half way along the pool, I also had no luck on squid but loaded up on Gar and Yakka, left there about 7ish to go chase Jews but all my lives got smashed by tailor. Picked up one nice flatty off the pool while i was getting bait. And a couple more while i was after jews which i put back since i already had a flatty feed.

But even with the lights i run i got no squid action.

Hi Bennoz

You may have seen me i was in the boat about half way along the pool, I also had no luck on squid but loaded up on Gar and Yakka, left there about 7ish to go chase Jews but all my lives got smashed by tailor. Picked up one nice flatty off the pool while i was getting bait. And a couple more while i was after jews which i put back since i already had a flatty feed.

But even with the lights i run i got no squid action.

yep saw a boat that went off towards the spit...must have been you

my skewered pilly was getting eaten by choppers too. i was only going for squid but glad to know it wasnt just me not catching em

maybe drop me a line if you want some company next time :biggrin2:

Ill be down at Balmoral tonight doing a Solo Sess if anyone wants to join me?

Mate, if no ones call me out for drinks tonight, you might see me there. I'm squid addict haha. Never tried there so prob get some squid and hunt for jewfish tonight haha.

yep saw a boat that went off towards the spit...must have been you

my skewered pilly was getting eaten by choppers too. i was only going for squid but glad to know it wasnt just me not catching em

maybe drop me a line if you want some company next time :biggrin2:

No worries will do.

Mate, if no ones call me out for drinks tonight, you might see me there. I'm squid addict haha. Never tried there so prob get some squid and hunt for jewfish tonight haha.

There's a bottle shop across the road, Ill by you a beer just head down LOL.

Ill be down at Balmoral tonight doing a Solo Sess if anyone wants to join me?

Hey buddy, where abouts in Balmoral are you squidding? I wasplanning to go to Yowie bay or Lillie pillie but I have heard they are not producing much squid.

Hey buddy, where abouts in Balmoral are you squidding? I wasplanning to go to Yowie bay or Lillie pillie but I have heard they are not producing much squid.

Just on the board walk at the right hand side of the beach, just look for the dark bloke who looks like he cant squid for sh1t. make sure you say G'day if you come!