newish jetty Belmore St Ryde

JimT

There is a jetty between Kissing Pt Wharf and Meadowbank Wharf just west of Ryde Bridge. River is narrow here so everything has to go pass this area. Has anyone sounded the bottom around this jetty so we can get an idea of what it's like there??

Would it be a potential spot for blackfish as well?

Thanks in anticipation

Jim......

Edited by jot

Jot, that's getting a bit too far up the river to be keeping anything you catch. It's pretty much opposite the old Union Carbide site at Homebush - fish have 3 eyes up there.

Tuffy

Jot, that's getting a bit too far up the river to be keeping anything you catch. It's pretty much opposite the old Union Carbide site at Homebush - fish have 3 eyes up there.

Tuffy

Just for the sport......actually had a go Thursday arvo/evening...........green cabbage around the pontoon so gave that a go for about an hour,nothing then fished with pilchards, salted tuna, beach worms and burleyed up with chook pellets for the next 3 hours, nothing............not even a bite......so 1st attempt was not very successful :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Edited by jot

I am going past next weekend. Will have a sound around then post. Cheers andrew

will be interesting.....

would you do the same off Bedlam Point (opposite Abbotsford Wharf) must be the narrowest part of Parramatta River

Thanks in anticipation

Jim....

Tuffy

Hahahaha 3 eyes. I like that one

Haven't fishes there yet, wouldn't want to.

I had some spare time recently and decided to take the wife out to dinner. After an enjoyable dinner at Concord I was surprised that I had my newly built bream flick stick in my car :biggrin2: .

So I persuaded the missus to join me just on sunset at this new wharf - which you can access by taking the first street left after you cross Ryde bridge heading north.

I have my doubts as to the chemical integrity of the fish here but I was only catching and releasing. Anyway there were 5 other fishos already there baitfishing so I started to to flick lures around. Nothing until I changed to a small 1 inch curl tail lure from USA. Immediate smash as I cast to the mangroves and I pulled in a beauty bream of just under 30cm. Nearly lost him as he went straight for the mangrove roots.

New rod pulled up fantastic.

Cheers

Jim

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Andrew,

Have you had a chance to get out?

Jim.........

Went past on Thursday gone. Been crippled with chicken pox then influenza. All was dead. Plenty of muddish bottom and no holes or real dropoffs except for the edge of the channels. The channel had a quick drop off which looked promising of the edge of that wharf 30m out. Hope that helps.

And that was at high tide. The distance from shore changes there slot between tides.

Edited by cant catch any

Jot the furthest up I have got blsckies is the Ryde Bridge outof a boat on the pylons shore based the furthest is the wharf in the bay around from Bedlam Point or the reef at Cabarita hope that helps.

is that the wharf upstream side of Bedlam Point just below Banjo Patterson House Restaraunt?

Edited by jot

is that the wharf upstream side of Bedlam Point just below Banjo Patterson House Restaraunt?

I tried off Bedlam Point but it gets very deep very quickly just off the shoreline